"Our new XLP900 Series of processors integrates server-class CPU core performance with industry-leading networking and communications technology to deliver the industry's highest performance, most scalable and intelligent processor for next-generation networks," said Ron Jankov, Broadcom Senior Vice President and General Manager, Processor and Wireless Infrastructure. "By out-executing the industry and being first to market with a multicore solution capable of over a trillion operations per second, we once again raise the bar and further solidify our technical leadership."
The XLP900 Series of processors is highly optimized and suited for performance, security, efficiency and scalability requirements of service provider, data center and enterprise networks. With a quad-issue, quad-threading, out-of-order execution architecture with multi-chip coherency, the XLP900 Series is the first processor solution to deliver over one trillion operations per second of compute performance. The flagship processor features end-to-end virtualization, advanced security capabilities such as deep-packet inspection (DPI), and network and application intelligence technology with wire-speed networking and multi-layer QoS capabilities.
- 160Gbps application performance, scalable to 1.28Tbps
- Full end-to-end hardware virtualization support for the CPU cores, I/Os, hardware accelerators and on-chip interconnects
- Supports hundreds of virtual machines (VMs), with protected memory, resources and I/Os, supports KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) and QEMU (open-sourced Quick EMUlater)
- 100Gbps encryption and authentication performance, scalable to 800Gbps
- 40Gbps deep-packet inspection performance with grammar processing, scalable to 320Gbps
- 20Gbps compression and decompression, scalable to 160Gbps
- RAID5/6 engines with deduplication support
The XLP900 Series is now sampling.