2. Data Tests
AOpen CRW2440 IDE CDR-W - Page 2
- SCSI Mechanic v3.0x: This was used to compare the drive's I/O performance against other various CDR-W drives (see charts). We used a pressed CD containing PlexTools v1.08 for all of the tests.
- Nero CD Speed v0.84b was also used to check the drive's performance with pressed CDs. For that test, we also used the PlexTools v1.08 pressed CD.
- SCSI Mechanic v3.0x results:
The AOpen CRW2440 stays in the top behind the PleXWriter PX-W2410A. The drives performance is very good and gets the first place in the "Average Random I/O" test outperforming all competitors. The drive gets the second place in the "Average Sequential I/O" test and the PleXWriter PX-W2410A holds strong the first place. The LiteOn 24102B stays back in the third place and as for the TDK CyClone 241040 must improve its performance for compete other drives.
- Nero CD Speed v0.84 results: (click here to see the CD Speed graph)
Using Nero CD Speed 0.84b, we confirm SCSI Mechanic results. The PleXWriter PX-W2410A is the currently faster 24x recorder with 31.79X average reading speed. The AOpen CRW2440 comes second with 31.09X, LiteOn 24102B third with 30.85X and TDK CyClone 4th with only 30.55X. The PleXWriter takes the lead since it has higher speed in start (19.04X) and the highest in end (41.71X). AOpen can tweak drive's performance with future updates. Remember that drive's firmware is still v0.95!
In the "Seek Times" test; the AOpen CRW2440 has the lowest seek times with only 89ms! The LiteOn LTR-24102B comes second with 90ms, TDK CyClone 241040 third with 124 and PleXWriter PX-W2410A last with 148ms.
- PSX Pressed Media:
For this test we used the PSX game 'NBA Jam Extreme' and we ripped the image to HD with CloneCD. We measured the reading times and the AOpen 2440 needs 175secs to finish the task. The time is higher than what Plextor and LiteOn drives need:
- CDR Media: (click here to see the CD Speed graph)
With CD-R media, AOpen CRW2440 manages to outperform all other drives and take the lead from the PleXWriter PX-W2410A with 0.01X! Both drives start at 18.69X but the CRW2440 is faster in the end.