The Abit SV-1A is an entry level storage server motherboard with maximized compromise between price and performance. It features the new VIA VIA-K8T800 Pro chipset for the 939 socket series of AMD Athlon processors. Abit has a long track record for producing good quality motherboards along with excellent support for their products. This is also evident in the 3 year warranty that covers the SV-1A.
The Abit SV-1A retail price is around $380 . The price might seem high, compared to boards aimed at desktop systems, but there is no base for comparison since server boards are destined for 24/7 operation while offering increased storage capabilities and advanced features like PCI-X..
- The Good- Quality Design
- Support of SATA2 standard
- 2 Gigabit NICs onboard
- Up to 10(14 optionally) drives can be connected
- Remote management via RS-232 port
- 3 year warranty
- The Bad
- Sensor monitoring software from within the operating system not included
- DIMM sockets are tightly spaced and may not allow enough airflow
- Like To be fixed
- Retail package could be better
- A firewire port
Value for money