21. Final thoughts
2. Technical Improvements Page 1
3. Technical Improvements Page 2
4. Technical Improvements Page 3
5. Technical Improvements Page 4
6. Technical Improvements Page 5
7. Technical Improvements Page 6
8. Technical Improvements Page 7
9. Technical Improvements Page 8
10. Visual Improvements & New features Page 1
11. Visual Improvements & New features Page 2
12. Visual Improvements & New features Page 3
13. Visual Improvements & New features Page 4
14. Visual Improvements & New features Page 5
15. Visual Improvements & New features Page 6
16. Visual Improvements & New features Page 7
17. New Applications Page 1
18. New Applications Page 2
19. Other improvements and Tweaks
20. Current Bugs and other Problems
21. Final thoughts
From the technical improvements, we understand that Microsoft has done a lot of research to determine exactly what the problems were with the previous releases and what users want. From the features, we can see that Microsoft's main goal is to make a new operating system with the simplicity of the previous Windows release, Windows XP, but with the security of operating systems like unix, and the visual effects of Macintosh OS X. Well, that's a hell of a mix and if they've done it right, this release will be a revolution on previous releases.
The first thing that will probably concern most users is compatibility, because as we have seen, both the driver model and the installation procedure has changed. We will see how Microsoft is going to support applications written for previous releases.
It is not yet time to install Windows Vista as your primary operating system. It has a lot of compatibility issues that need to be solved. Also, it is still heavy and sometimes Windows stops responding even when you open a simple folder. Of course, we must not forget that we are still in the first beta. Another version is going to be released in a few months and after beta 2, the final release will come.
I hope in the next beta release, most of the major problems will have been solved including the speed and response of Windows Vista. Microsoft has done a very good job until now and if the improvements continue in the next releases, then Windows Vista will win a lot of new users. We will see..
Discuss this review in our forum