Everspin Technologies, Inc. is developing STT-MRAM specifically for Industrial and IoT applications.
The company said at the Embedded World in Germany that the new STT product family will deliver the attributes required by broad industrial applications, providing:
- Data persistence (non-volatility) with data retention of >10 years
- Unlimited endurance
- 8Mb to 256Mb densities
- -40 to 85C operating temperature range
- SRAM-like performance, low latency and high bandwidth
- Standard JEDEC Serial interface (SPI, QSPI, OSPI, xSPI)
- Compatibility with Everspin’s existing Serial Toggle MRAM as well as nvSRAM, FRAM and NOR Flash
Everspin currently supports more than 1,000 customers with its Toggle MRAM at the smaller 128Kb-32Mb densities. MRAM is often used as a universal memory in industrial applications driven by 5G, being fast enough to execute code as well as provide persistent storage for all data captured. The new Industrial/IoT STT-MRAM will deliver densities of 8Mb to 256Mb, complementing and extending the current Toggle MRAM Serial interface products of 128Kb to 4Mb. To complete the portfolio, Everspin provides Toggle Parallel interface devices up to 32Mb and a 1Gb STT-MRAM with a DDR4 interface for the data center market.
Everspin’s STT-MRAM and Toggle MRAM devices deliver protection against power loss without the use of supercapacitors or batteries.
Everspin says the Industrial/IoT STT-MRAM is currently in development on the same 28nm lithography platform as the 1Gb STT-MRAM and samples will be available in the second half of next year.