With the 300 PRO series, Sennheiser launches new headphones and headsets fine-tuned with users to deliver when and where it matters.
Alongside comfort, the 300 PRO series promises to offer precise sound reproduction. Available from August 2018, the new series includes the HD 300 PRO and HD 300 PROtect monitoring headphones as well as the HMD 300 PRO and single-sided HMD 301 PRO communications headsets.
The 300 PRO series features a new padding material, a comfort zone for the temples of glasses and split headband padding that removes any pressure from the sensitive area of the fontanelle. The headphones have also been given a new fork design that ensures their contact pressure is evenly distributed over the entire ear pad.
Sennheiser's acoustic engineers turned to the HD 250 Linear, a classic model that is still highly regarded amongst professionals today. Despite the difference in the ear cup shapes, the engineering team was able to get close to the precise, linear sound reproduction of the original model, thus placing the HD 300 PRO at the peak of Sennheiser's monitoring headphone portfolio.
The 300 PRO series' detachable cables offer improved protection against handling noise, thanks to a small series of coils that acoustically decouple the cable from the headset. The series come with a rugged, bendable and twistable headband and customizable nameplates to feature a company logo on the ear cups. The new headset models also feature a noise-compensated, super-cardioid boom microphone for clear communications in loud production environments.
All HMD 300 PRO headsets and the HD 300 PROtect headphones have been fitted with Sennheiser's ActiveGard technology, which protects the wearer's hearing from sudden sound bursts without interrupting the audio signal. For European professionals, these ActiveGard equipped models are fully compliant with the EC's directive on safety at the workplace.
The models at a glance
- HD 300 PRO - the new top-of-the-range monitoring headphones
- HD 300 PROtect - as HD 300 PRO, with selectable (on/off) ActiveGard .
- HMD 300 PRO - closed, circumaural communications headset, selectable (on/off) ActiveGard , noise-compensated dynamic, super-cardioid boom microphone, cable to be chosen separately according to production environment
- HMD 300-XQ-2 - as HMD 300 PRO, with detachable cable featuring XLR-3 and Ό" jack connectors
- HMD 301 PRO - as HMD 300 PRO but single-sided headset with side support