The SF-2000 SSD Processor Family addresses the needs of Enterprise and Industrial storage markets with configurations and firmware optimized for each segment. These devices preserve the SandForce "DRAM-less" architecture (no DRAM components required) which is optimal for dense and custom tiny form factor native SATA SSDs, in addition to SAS- and PCI Express-based SSDs when integrated with RAID and Host-Bus Adapter chips on one card.
Additionally, SF-2000 SSD Processors feature:
- Support for advanced 30nm- and 20nm-class Flash with Asynch/ONFi2/Toggle interfaces with data rates up to 166 Mega Transfers per second
- Enhanced dual-ported SAS bridge support, including non-512-byte sector sizes, e.g., 520, 524, 528, 4K, etc., with Data Integrity Field (DIF) for Enterprise-class SAS drive behavior and performance
- TCG Enterprise security with selectable multi-banded 256/128-bit AES encryption with line-rate double encryption for data written to the drive
- Advanced ECC engine correcting up to 55 bits per 512-byte sector to assure high data integrity and support for future generations of Flash memory
- Power and performance throttling options to support green computing initiatives
- Industrial temperature support (-40 to +85 degrees Celsius)
SandForce will demonstrate SF-2000 products at the Storage Networking World Exhibition, booth #413 (Gaylord Texan Hotel, Dallas, Texas, October 11-14). SandForce 2.5-inch SSD reference designs will be on display operating with 30nm-class Flash memory with both ONFi2 and Toggle interfaces. Other products on display in the SandForce booth include unique form factor products from various SandForce Driven SSD manufacturers with SATA, SAS, and PCI Express host interfaces. All SandForce SSD Processors include DuraClass Technology with features like RAISE to reduce field failures and returns, DuraWrite to optimize MLC endurance in write intensive applications, and a high sustained and balanced read/write performance.