The BlackBerry App World storefront also now enables BlackBerry PlayBook applications with in-app payment support. Whether it's buying another level in a game, or a new edition of a magazine, in-app payment support means dynamic possibilities for BlackBerry PlayBook applications and better apps for users.
Additional BlackBerry Tablet OS Enhancements include:
- The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet can now be charged even when fully powered down. BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 now alerts you if you are using an incorrect charger with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. After touching the battery indicator on the top right corner of the home screen, a pop-up will appear and you can now choose to restart the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, turn it off, or put it into standby mode. You can also adjust the screen brightness from this same pop-up.
- With BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5, RIM has added support for the following languages: French, Italian, Dutch, German, Spanish, and UK English.
- RIM has also added support for the TURN (Traversal Using Relay NAT) protocol, which enhances Video Chat connections between users when their call is crossing between a public network and an enterprise network behind a firewall.
- Automatic Wi-Fi hotspot detection in the BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 makes it easier to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot during the set up process.
- The Headset Audio Boost allows users to add an extra level of volume to help maintain an enjoyable audio experience with their headset in noisier areas, such as airplanes.
Users who purchase and activate a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on or after Tuesday, June 7th, 2011 will be automatically updated to v1.0.5 as part of the BlackBerry PlayBook setup process. Existing BlackBerry PlayBook users will be presented with a software update notification on the BlackBerry PlayBook status ribbon, or they can go check for the software update at any time in the Settings Menu under Software Updates.