Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced four new Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Platforms supporting Wi-Fi 6E, along with a flagship portfolio of mobile connectivity systems.
The latest Qualcomm Networking Pro Series platforms introduce Qualcomm Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6, offering simultaneous operation in 2.4, 5, and 6 GHz frequency bands. The Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Platforms are the first to offer support for up to 2,000 simultaneous users while designed to deliver full network capacity in a 16-stream Wi-Fi 6E configuration. These platforms can be used by manufacturers to develop products with applications ranging from home Wi-Fi mesh systems to enterprise access points targeting business, large-venue, and campus networks.
Four New Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Platforms
- Qualcomm Max User Architecture: First architecture to manage and maintain connectivity for up to 2,000 clients simultaneously, with network stability and sustained throughput.
- Qualcomm Multi-User Traffic Management: Provides scheduling algorithms and buffering with universal uplink data support. Advanced multi-user implementations specialized for high user counts include up to 37-user OFDMA support per channel and 8-user MU-MIMO support per channel.
- Qualcomm 4K QAM technology: Designed to deliver 20% higher throughput compared to standard Wi-Fi 6E, helping achieve device-to-device transfers of up to 2.4 Gbps per link to compatible mobile and compute devices.
- Qualcomm Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 for Mesh Networks: Qualcomm Wi-Fi SON has been enhanced to interconnect the Mesh Nodes using the 6 GHz band.
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi Security Suite: WPA3 implementation coupled with embedded crypto accelerators designed to provide secure transactions across a full range of Wi-Fi data touchpoints.
The second-generation Qualcomm Networking Pro Series spans four platorms:
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1610: Supports up to 16 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 2.2 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, 8x8 support for huge multi-user gain, and 10.8 Gbps peak speed.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1210: Supports up to 12 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 2.2 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, and 8.4 Gbps peak speed.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 810: Supports up to 8 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 1.8 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, and 6.6 Gbps peak speed.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 610: Supports up to 6 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 1.8 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, and 5.4 Gbps peak speed.
Mobile Wireless Connectivity Portfolio with 6 GHz Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. also launches a flagship portfolio of mobile connectivity systems. The Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 and Qualcomm FastConnect 6700 mobile connectivity systems feature the fastest available Wi-Fi speeds in the industry (up to 3.6 Gbps) on a mobile Wi-Fi offering, VR-class low latency and Bluetooth advancements.
New portfolio extends advanced Wi-Fi 6 feature implementations into the 6 GHz band. Key features include:
- FastConnect 6900 offers speeds of up to 3.6 Gbps.
- FastConnect 6700 delivers peak speeds approaching 3 Gbps.
Driving this performance for both FastConnect systems are differentiated features such as:
- Qualcomm 4K QAM (2.4, 5, 6 GHz) – this advanced modulation technique can extend the maximum QAM rate, across any supported band, from 1K to 4K for enhanced gaming and ultra HD streaming.
- 160 MHz channels support in both 5 and 6GHz bands, dramatically expanding throughput while reducing congestion.
FastConnect 6900 delivers an extra boost of performance through additional unique feature implementation of 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) with multi-band (including 6 GHz) capabilities.
Improvement of Capacity and Network Efficiency
- 6 GHz expands Wi-Fi capacity by adding up to 1200 MHz of additional spectrum, more than doubling the number of pathways currently available for sending and receiving data.
- Dual band 160 MHz supports up to seven additional non-overlapping channels in the 6 GHz band, in addition to 160 MHz channels available in the 5 GHz band.
- Deploys high-performance Uplink / Downlink MU-MIMO and OFDMA mobile technologies across all available bands.
- New Wi-Fi 6 Uplink MU-MIMO capability can increase network capacity by more than 2.5x.
Ultra-Low Latency: A new class of low latency and high speed for emerging mobile applications, providing the foundation for explosive growth in mobile gaming and XR application.
- Feature implementation delivers latency reduction up to 8x in congested environments for improved mobile gaming.
Wireless VR-class latency (<3ms) for Head Mounted Displays (HMD)
Power Efficiency: Power savings due to less channel congestion and improved scheduling.
- 14nm process node combined with advanced power-management architecture provides up to 50 percent improvement in power efficiency, compared to previous generation solutions.
FastConnect 6900 and 6700 integrate Bluetooth 5.2 with the latest audio advancements for improved wireless experiences. Key features include:
Bluetooth 5.2 Above and Beyond
- Bluetooth 5.2 implementation includes a second Bluetooth antenna with intelligent switching capabilities, overcoming common signal shadowing issues for Bluetooth reliability and range.
- Engineered to be ready to address emerging LE Audio experiences such as multi-point audio sharing and broadcast audio, enabling multiple audio connections simultaneously.
- Qualcomm aptX Adaptive supporting wire-equivalent audio (up to 96kHz) and Qualcomm aptX Voice providing super-wideband quality calls.