9. Tests of the Composer/Signature III
Primera Composer/Signature III System - Page 9
Tests of the Composer/Signature III
We have left last the testing results for the Composer/Signature III system. The system is supposed to be able to write/printing up to 50CDs in row without any problem. In order to test this ability we prepared 4 jobs tasks in PrimoCD:
- Task 1 "Data Task": Burning data from the HD. We chose around 400mb from the local HD and created the data task. We set the number of copies to"15" and also selected the option to print. This was done in order to see how the whole system works with many CDs from HD in row.
- Task 2 "CD Copy". We used a non-protected CD and we selected up to 15 copies (with printing).
- Task 3 "AudioCD Task". We used an AudioCD project (made from Mp3 files with CD-Text enabled) and requested 10 copies (with printing).
- Task 4: "Stream Task". We inserted a master disc and we selected ALL the remaining CDs (9) to be copied as the master one.
- Test Results:
The Composer/Signature III system taken around 13hours to complete all tasks. The system burned/printed 49CDs in row without any problem under Windows 2000. The robotic arm picked up/down the CDs in all the desired positions without any problems and the Signature III printed all 49CDs in very good quality.
The only negative is that the first CD is dropped to the empty "Output" bin from 7cm height. This might cause problems to the quality of the produced CD even Primera feels that: "...We have run thousands of discs through Composer and have not seen any problems. We have not heard of any customer problems either. We don't think this is an issue..." The strange here is that the if you try to pick up and then drop a CD manually in the "Output" bin the robotic arm will go all the way down to drop the CD gently.
The system really prints/copies at the same time which means that Primera has done a great job calibrating both machines. Lastly the PrimoCD software was very stable and completed the tests perfectly.