3. Data Tests: (Pressed CDs)
Data Tests: (Pressed CDs)
- CD WinBench 99 v1.1. This was used to compare the PX-W1210A IDE CDR-W drive with various others drives (see charts).
- CD Speed 99 v0.66 was also used to check the drive performance with pressed CD's. For that test we used WinBench 99 v1.1 and PlexTools v1.04 original CD's.
- CD WinBench 99 v1.1 results
- CD Speed 99 v0.66 results:
Verdict of data (pressedCDs) tests:
The PleXWriter PX-W1210A managed to outperform all previous drives we have tested until today. In the WinBench 99 test it got the best overall WinMark value! It reached a transfer rate of 4.66mb/s and 2.27mb/s on the outside and inside of the disc, which are very good compared to the previous tested models. It has a seek time of 150s which is exactly what specs report and the CPU usage is also low (5.52%) since it is UDMA compatible. It's average reading speed using WinBench 99 v1.1 was 24.13x (worse than PX-W124TS) and with PlexTools v1.04, a good 24.98x (slightly higher than PX-W124TS). Overall the PX-W1210A has the best data reading performance from all IDE and SCSI drive we have ever tested (with 32x reading speed).