The PX-716AL comes in internal version (bulk) with a slot loading mechanism. The PX-716AL provides a longer life span and increased durability, as there is no risk of a tray being broken.
Beginning of March 2005, firmware 1.05 will be released to support 6x writing on DVD-R DL media.
The PX-716AL is supported by a Fast Warranty Service by Plextor, by which any inconveniences resulting from a defect are reduced to a minimum. The firmware is stored in FlashROM which makes it possible to quickly and easily upgrade to the latest version. CD TEXT is also completely supported.
- Writing: DVD+R: 16x
DL DVD+R: 4X
DL DVD+R: 6X
DL DVD-R: 2X
- Buffer Underrun Proof Technology: Stops buffer underrun errors
- GigaRec Technology
- Intelligent Recording
- 'AutoStrategy' is a self-learning writing technology to optimise the writing quality on any type of media
- 'Intelligent Tilt' controls the laser in three dimensions, to ensure high quality writing and reading if the disc surface has imperfections
- 'PoweRec' is a complex piece of writing intelligence ensuring superior recording quality at high speeds on certified media
- SecureRecording Technology
- Silent Mode
- VariRec Technology
- Supports Lossless Linking (DVD+R/RW)
- Zero Link (DVD-R/RW)
- Supports Background Formatting
- Access Time - 8MB Buffer
- E-IDE (ATAPI) interface
- Includes PlexTools Professional