The software's new customisable user interface can be tailored to individual DJ styles, straight from the DDJ-S1 controller, and brings ITCH in line with the look and feel of Scratch Live. The Hot Cue Fader Start function allows DJs to simultaneously use Hot Cues and control the volume through the crossfader. Other features such as a brand new SP 6 sample player and improved library management all add to the heady mix.
The DDJ-S1 features balanced XLR output/input for direct connection to professional PA equipment, and a microphone talk-over function designed with MCing in mind. Its laptop integrating design and plug-and-play connection eliminate set-up issues to let DJs get down to business with minimal fuss.
The DDJ-S1 controller will be bundled with Serato ITCH 2.0 from October. Existing DDJ-S1 users can download the software update, free of charge today.
Hot Cue Fader Start function
The new Hot Cue Fader Start function combines the Fader Start and Hot Cue functions - meaning the Hot Cues and volume can be controlled at the same time from the crossfader. Start playing a track instantly from five random points using the crossfader.
Customisable user interface for every style of DJing
Following a similar look and feel to Scratch Live, ITCH 2.0 will be much more familiar to existing Serato users. The upgrade features several improvements to the user interface.
- Album Artwork View for quick and easy track browsing, for those who prefer a visual reference.
- Day and Night modes to tailor display colours to time and environment.
- Four display modes to match a range of DJing styles. Choose from Horizontal waveform, Vertical waveform, Library (decks displayed in miniature) or Stack (decks stacked vertically). Dedicated buttons on the controller enable instant switching between modes.
SP6 sample player enhances performance possibilities
For the first time ever, the popular SP6 sample player from Serato SCRATCH LIVE has been added to ITCH version 2.0, allowing DJs to synchronise and play sound from six difference sources.
Additional software updates
- Smart Crates which auto-fill using keywords from the library
- Serato Playlists can be shared live or online after a performance
- Re-optimised SYNC engine for precise grids and locked grooves
- Improved library management for copying of crates and tracks to external drives during performance preparation.