The on-ear MX models incorporate a variety of features including large drivers and advanced bass level control, while the in-ear CX models include a new technology called "Bass Exciter" that further enhances music.
Based on Pioneer’s HDJ-2000 DJ headphones, the flagship on-ear SE-MX9 model is equipped with the same 50mm drivers for increased bass response. Its larger drivers put emphasis on producing the lower octaves (20Hz-160Hz) in music for increased low frequency impact.
The SE-MX9 is offered in three colors: Bright Silver, Indigo Black, and Bright Copper. The model utilizes a full length urethane head pad and ear pads, both wrapped in synthetic "protein leather". The model includes a 1.2m tangle-free and a detachable D-shaped cord with a built-in microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
With the SE-MX9, Pioneer includes a carrying pouch, a second 2m cable for home use, in-flight adapter, and a 6.3 mm full size jack adapter.
The SE-MX7 headphones take a different approach to producing increased bass response and snappy midrange with the use of dual 40mm drivers in each ear piece. The drivers work in sync to improve bass response at lower frequencies. For additional bass enhancements, the SE-MX7 includes an Advanced Bass Level Control built directly onto the ear cups. With a touch and rotation of the outer housing, users can dial in their preferred level of bass output which can be increased to as much as eight decibels (8dB).
For aesthetics, the SE-MX7 features a molded headband design that flares toward the ear cups. Available in matte colors of white, black, blue, and orange, the headbands utilize a durable rubber-like finish on the outside with a soft urethane head pad, and the ear pads are wrapped in polyurethane-leather on the inside.
The line-up also includes a 2m cable with a built-in microphone, a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls, and a carrying pouch.
The Pioneer SE-MX9 and SE-MX7 are available in May with suggested retail prices of $299.99 and $199.99 respectively.
The CX models go beyond the traditional in-ear headphone design with the use of larger casings for the Bass Exciter technology found on the back of the earpiece. The Bass Exciter technology incorporated into both the SE-CX9 and SE-CX8 provides a physical enhancement to music listening by generating low frequency vibrations produced by the headphones. Like small pistons, the Bass Exciter moves back and forth at the same low frequency rate of the music, causing the body of the headphones to vibrate and giving users a sensation of deeper bass reproduction.
- Two Way System - The SE-CX9 incorporates a "hybrid" 2-way driver system to coincide with the "Bass Exciter" technology, all encased in an aluminum body. While the Bass Exciter generates low-frequency vibrations for increased sensation of bass output, the two way speakers provide efficient mid- and high-frequency audio reproduction.
- Balanced Armature Driver - Utilized in high-end headphones, the model features balanced armature drivers for increased electrical efficiency, resulting in less distortion and better sound quality.
- Detachable Cord - The model includes a 1.2m OFC litz detachable cord with an in-line microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
- Earphone Tips and Accessories - The unit also includes three silicone tips (S/M/L) to accommodate different sizes of ear canals. In addition, the model includes a protective carrying case and in-flight adapter.
- Dynamic Driver - The SE-CX8 makes use of large 9.4 mm drivers for producing a wide frequency spectrum of sound for different types of music listening. The diaphragm of the speaker is made of lightweight CCAW (copper-clad aluminum wire).
- Detachable Cable - The model includes a 1.2m OFC litz detachable cord with an in-line microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
- Earphone Tips - The unit also includes three sets of silicone tips (S/M/L).
The Pioneer SE-CX9 and SE-CX8 will be available in May with suggested retail prices of $299.99 and $199.99 respectively.