After using the NeuNeo DV308 for several days, we can say that the device is very versatile and has a very easy to learn and intuitive menu navigation system with all the settings for playback. The device has all the appropriate connections, even a built-in decoder with 5.1CH outputs, and can playback almost every DivX/Xvid encoded video (even the ones encoded with older codec versions) with subtitle support.
It can also playback any kind of media inserted, such as CD/CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/+RW, DVD+R DL, with or without booktype set to DVD-ROM.
The price for the DV308 quoted at NeuNeo's website is at $109.
|Body & Design|
|Ease of use|
|Value for money|
- Easy to setup/use
- MPEG4 (DivX/Xvid) playback with subtitles support (chipset used is DivX Home Theater certified)
- Good error correction
- Region Free DVD player
- Several Audio/Video connections, progressive scan
- Firmware upgradable
- Retail packaging could be sturdier to prevent damage during shipping or handling
- No S-Video or Coaxial cables included
- Does not always playback correctly movies encoded with the advanced features of newer DivX/Xvid codecs (GMC/QPEL)
Like to be fixed
- improve compatibility of DivX/Xvid playback for movies encoded with GMC/QPEL.