The Q is the sleekest, sexiest and coolest gadget I have ever had the privilege of playing with….I mean testing. If you want a gadget that will get noticed – this is the one.
First and foremost, the Q is a great phone – one of the best cell phones I have ever used. I don’t know about you, but I use and rely on the “phone” part of my converged device more than the “Smart” part.
The Q feels very solid, but when you take off the battery cover it is almost as flimsy as paper. This leaves me wondering what would happen if the Q were to fall.
The screen is the best that you will find on a smartphone, the keyboard is great to use, call quality is top notch, surfing the web was fun and looked great and the Q is two to three hundred dollars less than any competing Smartphone!
Verizon lists the Q for $199.00 with a two year activation, but I found it on Amazon for only $99.00 with activation. At either of those prices, the Q is a steal.
Sprint just announced that it would be releasing the Q in the fall. Cingulair seems to have a Q in the works with spy photos appearing on the web. If pricing is similar to Verizon’s, the Q will truly be a Treo slayer.
- Great form factor
- jog wheel is great for navigating
- screen is Beautiful
- Sound quality is top notch
- EvDO makes web browsing very quick
- feels so nice in your hands
- pricing makes this absolutely the most Smartphone for the money
- Battery life was terrible
- voice command recognition needs a little work
- Plastic battery cover is very flimsy and easy to break