1. Introduction, features
2. CD, DVD reading tests
3. CD error correction tests
4. DVD error correction tests
5. CD, DVD testing platform - The Quantized IQB Omni Analyzer
6. CD-R burning - Taiyo Yuden 48x
7. CD-R burning - Memorex (Ritek) 48x
8. CD-RW burning - Verbatim 32x
9. DVD-R burning - Verbatim MCC03RG20 16x
10. DVD-R burning - CMCMAG AM3 16x
11. DVD-R burning - RITEKF1 16x
12. DVD-R burning - TTH02 16x
13. DVD-R burning - Taiyo Yuden TYG03 24x
14. DVD+R burning - DAXON AZ3 16x
15. DVD+R burning - CMCMAG M01 16x
16. DVD+R burning - Verbatim MCC 004 16x
17. DVD+R burning - Moser Baer India MBIPG101 R05 16x
18. DVD+R burning - Taiyo Yuden YUDEN T03 24x
19. DVD-RW burning - Verbatim MKM01RW6X01 6x
20. DVD+RW burning - Verbatim MKM A03 8x
21. DVD+R DL burning - Verbatim MKM 003 8x
22. DVD-R DL burning - Verbatim MKM03RD30 8x
23. DVD-R DL burning - Verbatim MKM04RD30 12x
24. DVD-RAM burning - Maxel MXL22 12x
25. Summary of DVD burning tests, Overburning, Bit setting, SmartErase
The IHAS324 is the new LiteOn drive supporting 24X burning of DVD±R media. Being among the very few drives to support such speeds, along with the Optiarc AD7240S, it is a competition among the two brands for the domination of the high speed DVD burners market. This drive supports burning of DVD±R media at 24X, DVD±R DL media at 12X, DVD+RW at 8X, DVD-RW at 6X and DVD-RAM at 12X.
The drive came in in a red retail box :
The package includes:
- Internal 24x DVD burner
- Application software disc (Nero 8 Essentials - Express 8 Essentials, ShowTime 4 Essentials, Vision 5 Essentials, Recode 3 Essentials, InCD 5 Essentials, SmartErase disc erasing utility, Drivers and drive manuals)
- Quick user guide
- Mounting screws
- SATA cable
The rear panel is typical and has a power and SATA interfaces.
Let's take a look at the drive's internal board. It is recommended not to open the case of your drive since that would void the warranty.
You can click on each picture for a larger view:
The drive is based on the MediaTek MT1879E chipset.
The drive was connected to the PC via a typical SATA interface and was identified as "ATAPI IHAS324".