- Password Encryption - Protects user data against unauthorized access through password protection
- Disc Creator Authentication - A digital signature is applied to all data to allow recipients to verify data authenticity
- Integrity Checker - Detects altered data through checksums to verify data integrity and readability
- Data Insurance - Increases data reliability through redundantly stored data
CeBIT visitors will also have the chance to see the first PC drive that is functioning as Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM drive. The new GGW-H10N is a "Super Multi Blue" Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM Drive.
The GGW-H10N can record up to 50GB of data. Surpassing the market standard, LG is providing a 4x recording speed of Blu-ray Discs, which means that it takes only 23-24 minutes to burn a full single layer BD-R disc (25GB), compared with 46-47 minutes for conventional 2x recording.
The SATA drive will be released in May, priced under US $1,200. The core technologies of Super Multi Blue Drive are Optical Pickup technology, which supports Blu-ray disc write/playback, HD DVD playback and DVD/CD write/playback, as well as the system controlling the Optical Pickup securely and effectively.
BD-R (Sl/DL) 4x/2x
BD-RE (SL/DL) 2x
DVD±R/R DL 8x/4x
HD DVD-ROM(SL/DL) 3x
DVD±R DL/ROM DL 6x/8x
LG will also showcase the GSA-E50, an external Super-Multi Portable DVD drive. Besides its elegant design, the drive integrates USB BUS Power, with an AC adapter for high speed. The unit has up to 8x DVD+R, DVD-R write speeds in addition to 8.5GB double layer recording and 5x for DVD-RAM. The drive will be also available in a lightscribe version, dubbed GSA-E50L. The drives will be available from May for 99 euro (without LightScribe) and 109 euro (with LightScribe).
Other LG external and internal optical disc drives showcased at CeBIT 2007 include:
- GSA-H42N - This internal drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-H42L - This internal drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R. Further the unit is incorporates LightScribe, direct disc labeling technology
- GSA-H30N - The Internal Super Multi features Serial ATA interface
- GSA-E30N - This external drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-E30L - This external drive has 18x DVD+R and DVD-R write speeds, one of the highest speeds on the market. Further the unit is incorporates LightScribe, direct disc labeling technology
- GSA-T10N - The internal Slim Super Multi features a writing speed of 8x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-U10N - The internal Slim Super Multi - Ultra Slim drive features a writing speed of 8x DVD+R and DVD-R