Eastman Kodak Company is bringing a U.S. GSM version of the KODAK EKTRA Smartphone to the U.S.
The U.S. launch coincides with a software update addressing requests from photo-enthusiast consumers-including RAW support, improved auto-focus performance, and optimizations to auto-white balance and color saturation.
The KODAK EKTRA has a look-and-feel similar to a DSLR camera experience with a wrist-strap, a dedicated dual-press shutter button, and a large-glass cover on the 21 megapixel/f2.0 aperture lens. The KODAK EKTRA is preloaded with apps including the SNAPSEED photo-editing tool, prints, and the Super 8 app featuring filters and vignettes including EKTACHROME and KODACHROME Films.
Powered by a Media-Tek Helio X20 core processor running the GOOGLE ANDROID system, the KODAK EKTRA also features a 13-megapixel front-facing camera, and a rear-facing camera with the ability to capture 4K video. Scene selection modes ensure images based on the context including HDR, Landscape, Portrait, Macro, Sport, Night-time, Panorama and Bokeh. Manual mode gives access to additional advanced settings and controls, allowing adjustments to exposure, ISO, focus, white balance and shutter speed. GOOGLE SNAPSEED is also pre-loaded for additional image editing and enhancement features.
The KODAK EKTRA Smartphone is available for $399.99, sold unlocked and SIM free at retailers including B&H Photo Video, Best Buy, Amazon and kodakphones.com.
What's new in Version 2.009.00 /_A
- Enhanced single handed camera functionality; when the camera app is enabled the Android touch buttons are now disabled to avoid an accidental press when using the camera with one hand
- Added RAW file support in manual mode; shooting in RAW records all the data from the sensor enabling more sophisticated image processing options
- Improved auto focus making in quicker and more accurate
- Improved Face Detection performance for better portrait photos
- Optimisations to the Auto White Balance and colour saturation
- Improvements to shutter speed performance
- New option to disable Auto Scene Detection in smart auto mode
- New shutter effect to provide visual indication of when a picture is taken
- Enhanced low light performance
- Optimisations to the noise reduction algorithm from ISO 100-6400
- Introduces a new "How To" camera tutorial on the new functionality
KODAK EKTRA Smartphone key features:
- ANDROID 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- A 21MP fast focus camera sensor with F2.0, PDAF, OIS, Dual LED Flash
- 13MP phase detection auto focus front-facing camera with F2.2 PDAF
- Helio X20 2.3GHz Decacore processor with 3GB RAM
- 32GB memory, expandable with MicroSD cards
- Advanced Manual Mode - adjustable on Exposure, ISO, Focal Length (Manual/Auto), White Balance, Shutter Speed, Aperture (fixed f2.0 main camera)
Familiar scene selection dial experience - includes scene modes Smart Auto, Portrait, Manual, Sports, Bokeh, Night-time, HDR, Panorama, Macro, Landscape, Film / Video
- Integrated high quality printing app
- Super 8 Video Recorder
- Integrated social media sharing
- 3000mAh, with USB 3.0 Type C fast charger