As you'd expect from Kodak, imaging is central to the phone's appeal and the IM5 makes taking, storing, sharing and printing photos simple. The 13MP auto-focus main camera comes with an image management software that, at the touch of a button, lets users quickly edit photographs and either display them on the device, share on social media or print using a customized app compatible with home printers as well as future printing and sharing services.
Running Android OS (Kit-Kat which will be upgraded to Lollipop) this octa-core 1.7Ghz is expandable to 32GB via a Micro SD card. It also comes with a dedicated app store (called simply "Apps") that offers users quick access to a hand-picked selection of applications suited to their interests (there is also full access to Google Play).
Available in white or black, the Kodak IM5 will be available globally, starting with roll-out in Europe from end of Q1 2015.
Specification for the Kodak IM5 smartphone:
- Custom built user interface
- Remote Management software
- Dedicated app store with hand-picked selection of apps
- Octa-core 1.7 GHz processor
- 5" full HD screen
- 13 MP rear camera with AF and flash, 5MP front camera
- 8 GB ROM 1GB RAM (expandable to 32 GB via Micro SD)