Imagination Technologies announced its latest Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) IP, supporting the latest Bluetooth SIG version 5.2 specification.
iEB110 is a complete BLE solution, including RF, controller software and Bluetooth Low Energy host stack. Designed for integration into complex communication systems-on-chips (SoCs), the iEB110 offers high performance, efficient RF, with optimum silicon area and external bill of materials (BOM). The iEB110 architecture allows integration with Imagination’s Wi-Fi IPs to create multi-standard, wireless communication SoCs.
iEB110 takes advantage of the new Low Complexity Communication Codec (LC3) and efficient software algorithm to deliver audio at the lowest power, enabling manufacturers to create small form factor, low power audio devices such as earbuds and hearing aids.
iEB110 supports advanced Bluetooth 5.2 features such as Angle of Arrival/Angle of Departure (AoA / AoD) allowing sub 1m location and tracking accuracy, LE long-range operation for extended indoor and outdoor coverage, and LE-2M PHY for higher throughput.
iEB110 is supplied as a complete IP solution comprising RF, controller, and host stack for Zephyr and Cordio complete with Bluetooth SIG certification and FCC and CE RF compliance.
- Complies with Bluetooth Low Energy v5.2 specification:
- LE Isochronous Channel
- Enhanced Attribute (EATT)
- LE power control
- Supports Angle of Arrival and Angle of Departure (AoA/AoD)
- Suppors 2M PHY
- Supports LE Long Range
- Multiple simultaneous BLE connections
- No external trimming required in production except for XO frequency trimming
- Wi-Fi coexistence through PTA (Packet Traffic Arbiter) interface
- 1.76 mm2 post layout die area, including RF, Logic and Memory
- Low gate count/memory for the link layer/baseband
- Single pin RF antenna interface
- 32-bit AXI slave port provides host access to system memory
- Interrupt driven messaging interface
- Complete v5.2 protocol stack, Link Layer and profiles
- Full support for Zephyr, BlueZ and Cordio.
- Firmware can be placed in ROM for low-power operation
- Software patch support for futures feature enhancements
- RF Features
- Complete 2.4 GHz RF including PA, LNA
- Bluetooth Low Energy Sensitivity:
- 125Kbps: -104 dBm
- 500 Kbps: -100 dBm
- 1 Mbps: -98 dBm
- 2 Mbps: -96 dBm
- Tx Output Power up to +6 dBm
- Power efficient AGC
- Integrated Tx/Rx switch for RF
- Power Management
- LDO regulators and DCDC converter
- Always On (AON) block
- Sleep Controller, supporting external 32 KHz clock
- Multiple Power Domains
- Package: Support for QFN packages