GIGABYTE Technology, (TWSE: 2376), an industry leader in high-performance servers and workstations, today announced the release of the GIGABYTE G492-ZD0 for HPC, AI, and data analytics. This server features, and is capable, of all the latest and greatest technology from PCIe 4.0 to NVIDIA® Mellanox® NDR 400G InfiniBand for accelerated GPU computing and in-network computing.
Key Technologies of the G492-ZD0:
- NVIDIA A100 GPU has 40GB of VRAM with 1.6 TB/s of memory bandwidth for high-level computational throughput.
- Excellent GPU-to-GPU communication via 3rd gen NVIDIA NVLink & NVSwitch with 600GB/s bandwidth, 12 NVLink connections per GPU, and improved scalability.
- Reduction in latency and CPU utilization with Mellanox Socket Direct® technology. In this dual-socket server, a single CPU can access the network by bypassing the inter-processor communication bus and adjacent CPU.
- PCIe 4.0 allows for faster interconnect (compared to PCIe 3.0) and low latency for NICs and NVMe drives via PCIe switch fabric.
- Ultra-fast 200Gbps access of GPUs on other servers with RDMA and HDR InfiniBand.
Introduction to the G492-ZD0:
Featuring dual-socket AMD EPYC processors with a combined 128 cores, the G492-ZD0 4U chassis design handles 8 x NVIDIA HGX A100 40GB GPUs for incredible GPU computing. This server supports 32 DIMMs of 3200MHz DDR4 for a total of 8TB of system memory. For storage, there are 8 x 2.5" U.2 NVMe/SATA drive bays. As well, there are 8 x low-profile (Gen 4 x16) expansion slots for expanded networking or storage. In addition, there are dual 10GbE LAN ports. Powering the system is a 3 + 1 80 PLUS Platinum 3000W redundant PSUs.
Remote and Multiple Server Management:
As part of GIGABYTE’s value proposition, GIGABYTE provides GIGABYTE Management Console (GMC) for BMC server management via a web browser based platform. Whether for server monitoring, updating BIOS and firmware, or remote management, GMC delivers. Additionally, GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) software is free to download and used to monitor and manage multiple servers. GMC and GSM offer great value while reducing license and customer maintenance costs.