The M5's 3." 1.62M-dot touchscreen tilts up by 85° and downward by 180°, and supports touch-focusing even when using the EVF. Wi-Fi and NFC are offered along with low energy Bluetooth that provides a continuous connection.
The Canon EOS M5 will go on sale in November 2016. It will sell for $979 body-only, with the EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM for $1099 or with the just-announced EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM for $1479 (goes on sale in December).
Key Features of the Canon EOS M5 Camera Include:
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100–25600.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps (up to 9.0 fps with AF Lock) and new DIGIC 7 Image Processor with improved AF tracking performance.
- Full HD 60p capturing
- Digital IS with 5-axis image stabilization when shooting movies plus increased image stabilization with both lens optical IS and in-camera digital IS when shooting with an IS lens.
- Built-in high-resolution EVF (approx. 2,360,000 dots) with new Touch and Drag AF lets you manually move the AF frame displayed for more precise focusing in different shooting situations.
- Touch screen 3.2 tilt-type (85° up/180° down) LCD monitor (approx. 1,620,000 dots) enables flexible positioning
- Customize functions while shooting using the Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, Dial Function Button and Exposure Compensation Dial.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- Equipped with Bluetooth Smart for pairing with a compatible smartphone by powering on both devices for easy photo sharing and remote control.
- Shorter camera startup time and interval time between each image capture.
- Compatible with EF-M lenses as well as the full line of EF and EF-S lenses and Speedlites.