3. Installation process
Installing the CPU cooler requires several steps. For our tests we used an AMD4 CPU (AMD Ryzen 5600X), so we had either view the online video from be quiet! or simply read the included manual some basic steps are mentioned below:
1. To permit mounting of the cooler please remove both the plastic retainers of the AMD retention module. The factory fitted backplate affixed to the rear side of the motherboard will be needed for subsequent installation of the cooler.
2. Place the 4x AMD spacer nuts onto the backplate bolts protruding through the front side and affix both short AMD mounting brackets with the AMD backplate screws.
3. First remove the protective foil from the underside of the cooler. Spread the thermal paste on the surface of the CPU. The amount supplied is sufficient for one or two applications.
4. Position the cooler mounting bridge centrally on the cooler. Next place the cooler unit onto the CPU. Loosen both heatpipe caps that are found in the middle of the topside of the cooler
5. Insert the Intel/AMD mounting bridge fastening screws from above into the cooler mounting bridge and then screw these alternately tight. You can use the cross-tip screwdriver for this. Subsequently retighten both heatpipe caps on the topside of the cooler.
6. Fasten the 120mm fan using fan clips onto the front side of the cooler. Connect the fan cable to the CPU
fan connector on the motherboard.