Western Digital Corp.today introduced a portfolio of products to address its customers’ need for high-endurance storage solutions in industrial, smart and advanced manufacturing environments.
The portfolio deploys high-endurance 3D NAND in a variety of form factors.
The Western Digital iNAND IX EM132 EFD is the company’s first 3D NAND e.MMC built with Western Digital’s 64-Layer 3D NAND technology for Industrial and IoT devices. The iNAND IX EM132 EFD offers versions that support operating temperature ranges of either -25°C to +85°C or -400C to 85°C. It extends the life of e.MMC beyond 2D NAND and provides increased capacity for industrial and consumer applications powered by advanced operating systems, sensor fusion and machine learning. It also encompasses a feature set designed for intensive industrial workloads:
- Advanced health monitoring
- Thermal management
- Smart partitioning
- Auto and manual read refresh
- Power management
- Data retention that meets JEDEC standards
The new Western Digital Industrial IX LD342 SD and IX QD342 micro SD cards provide high endurance for OEM, distributors, resellers, integrators and industrial system designers:
- Utilizes Western Digital’s latest 3D NAND technology
- Provides capacity ranges from 16GB to 512GB
- Offers high endurance (3,000 P/E cycles) for a longer lifecycle
- Includes a card health monitor that provides the ability to gauge the remaining endurance and proactively service the card if needed or desired