Western Digital is delivering up to four times the speed of SATA SSDs with the new WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD.
The newest member of the WD Blue portfolio, as well as another performance-focused NVMe SSD, the new drive is purpose-built for content creators and PC users.
The SSD is available in capacities from 250GB to 1TB in an M.2 2280 form factor. It supports up to 2,400 MB/s speeds and it is backed by a
5-year limited warranty.
The SN550 updates both the controller and NAND, providing higher performance and capacity than the SN500. The SN550 promises to offer sequential transfer speeds to now hit 2.4GB/s compared to 1.7GB/s for the SN500.
- Capacity: 250 GB, 500 GB,
- Form Factor: M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4
- Controller: WD in-house
- NAND Flash: Western Digital/SanDisk 96L 3D TLC
- Sequential Read: 2400 MB/s 2400 MB/s 2400 MB/s
- Sequential Write: 950 MB/s (250 GB), 1750 MB/s (500 GB), 1950 MB/s
- Random Write: 135k IOPS / 240k IOPS / 405k IOPS for 250 GB, 500 GB and 1 TB models, respectively
- Warranty: 5 years
- Write Endurance:
- 150 TB 0.3 DWPD (250GB)
- 300 TB 0.3 DWPD (500 GB)
- 600 TB 0.3 DWPD (1 TB)
- MSRP: $54.99 (250GB), $64.99 (500 GB), $99.99 (1 TB)