WD Sentinel small office storage server provides several ways for businesses to protect their information without user intervention. It comes preconfigured with enterprise-class drives, RAID storage protection, built-in server based backup and recovery software, redundant networking ports and a redundant power option. In addition, WD Sentinel offers users the ability to connect to a "public cloud" storage provider, which offers small businesses an economical and integrated disaster recovery solution against earthquake, theft and fire or water damage.
WD Sentinel DX4000 provides five levels of data protection for every device on the small office network and is supported by WD Guardian Services.
- The Drives Inside: Pre-configured with WD's enterprise-class drives for durability and reliability.
- RAID: Featuring levels 1 and 5 for data protection and speed.
- Daily Backup: Automatic backup and recovery software provides daily full system back ups for up to 25 devices on your network.
- Redundant Network Connectivity: Dual Gigabit Ethernet configured in Adaptive Fault Tolerance (AFT) automatically switches to second network port in the event of a network failure.
- Optional Disaster Recovery Protection: Connect to the small business cloud provided by optional disaster recovery software and store your data offsite for disaster recovery.
WD Sentinel is certified to be compatible with a variety of Operating Systems (OS) including Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. In addition, WD Sentinel is compatible with Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard for file sharing among Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux operating systems.
WD Sentinel DX4000 small office storage server is available at select U.S. retailers and online at the wdstore.com. MSRP is $949.99 USD for 4 TB and $1,449.99 USD for the 8 TB.