British audio brand Q Acoustics has added a new model to its award-winning 3000i loudspeaker line-up.
The Q Acoustics 3030i is a new compact standmount speaker that’s been engineered to provide a powerful bass response despite its small size. Actually the woofers fitted in 3030i are similar to the larger units used in Q Acoustics much larger and more powerful 3050i floorstanding speakers.
This new design of woofer measures 165mm (6.5”) and has been fitted with a new motor that uses copper-clad aluminum windings. It enables the 3030i to produce a frequency that goes as low as 46Hz. The 3030i also shares the same tweeter and mounting arrangements from the floorstanding 3050i.
The cabinet features Point to Point P2P bracing, a technology that was first seen in Q Acoustic’s flagship Concept 500 speaker. The P2P bracing helps maintain the cabinet’s rigidity which results in lower distortion. The 3030i’s optional bespoke stands provide stability and position the tweeters at the optimal listening height. The new speaker is available in four finishes: Arctic White, Carbon Black, Graphite Grey, and English Walnut.
The Q Acoustics 3030i will be available from February 2020, priced at $399
- Enclosure type: 2-way reflex
- Bass unit: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Treble unit: 22 mm (0.9 in)
- Frequency response (+/-3 dB, -6 dB): 46 Hz – 30 kHz
- Average impedance: 6 Ω
- Minimum impedance: 4 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83v@1m): 88 dB
- Stereo amplifier power: 25 – 75 W
- AV receiver power (2 ch. driven): 50 – 145 W
- Crossover frequency: 2.4 kHz
- Effective volume: 12.5 L (763 cu in)
- Enclosure dimensions (WxHxD): 200 x 325 x 329 mm (7.9 x 12.8 x 13.0 in)
- Weight (per speaker): 6.4 kg (14.1 lbs)