The module measures 92.4 mm2 externally (light-emitting part is approximately 76 mm2) and emits incandescent fluorescent light (color temperature: 2,870 K). It permits significantly lower manufacturing cost than conventional modules with a vapor deposition film formation process for the light-emitting layer.
The OLED lighting module with a wet coating process for a light-emitting layer is manufactured by Pioneer OLED Lighting Devices Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pioneer Corporation, and distributed by MC Pioneer OLED Lighting Corporation, a joint venture of Mitsubishi Chemical and Pioneer.
Mitsubishi Chemical and Pioneer plan to continue propose applications for OLED lighting, capitalizing on its benefits such as surface emission, slim dimensions, and light weight for full-fledged operation of OELD lighting business.
Performance of OLED lighting module
- Type: Module with built-in circuit (constant current circuit)
- Max luminance (cd/m2): 3,000 and 2,000
- Color temperature (K): 2,870 (incandescent fluorescent light)
- External dimensions: 92.4 ? 92.4 mm
- Light-emitting part: less than 76 ? 76 mm
- Thickness: 4.3 mm
- Weight: 42g