back in February 2005, announced the Multipod 5in1, a device that combines both portable storage and photographic/video recording features along with webcam and voice recorder. Octave, kindly offered us a sample unit for testing. For us, such small device with so many features seemed at very least intriguing as well as interesting ...
- What is the Multipod?
As we said, the Multipod is a digital camera, web camera, video camera, audio recorder and 128MB portable storage device. It does all of this in a three-quarter ounce shell case that's the size of a disposable cigarette lighter.
According to Octave the product main features are:
- Capture up to 12 minutes of video (640x480) with sound.
- Takes up to 3000, color still photos at 320x240 or 750 full color still photos at 640x480
- Supports both USB1 and USB2 connection interfaces
- Storage capacity of up to 128MB
- Plug-n-play video-conferencing device that works with popular IM programs such as AIM, MSN and Yahoo.
- 8 kHz digital voice recording system
- Small dimensions - 87mm long, 23mm wide, 19mm deep, and weighs in at 24 grams
- Retail price ( MSRP) of US$149.99
Below you can see the product specifications, as posted on the Multipod web site
- Hi setting 640x480 30 FPS will record 6 minutes of video
- Lo setting 320x240 15 FPS will record 12 minutes of video
- Hi setting 640x480 approximately 2000 can be stored on the Multipod.
- Lo setting 320x240 approximately 4300 can be stored on the Multipod.
- Hi setting 11 kHz will record 55 minutes of audio on one battery charge. Can store 200 minutes.
- Lo setting 8 kHz will record 55 minutes of audio on one battery charge. Can store 200 minutes.
- Focal Length 4.5 mm
- Aperture 2.8 mm