DOCOMO's new lineup meets a range of mobile needs in Japan:
* Smartphones equipped for convenient mobile-wallet (Osaifu-Keitai) functions and viewing "one-segment" mobile digital terrestrial television.
* FOMA handsets featuring enhanced functionality, full-spec cameras, customizable designs, embedded projector (one model) and much more.
* Two data terminals for the Xi-brand Long Term Evolution (LTE) service that DOCOMO will launch on December 24 as the extra-high-speed successor to 3G.
* The eco-friendly TOUCH WOOD mobile phone with a natural wooden body made from trees culled during forest-thinning operations.
* Wi-Fi mini-router and 3G-enabled photo frame.
DOCOMO's lineup includes 11 waterproof models, 3 with Wi-Fi router capability, 10 with touchscreens, 9 that shoot high-definition video and 5 that shoot Full HD.
Smartphone models equipped with mobile wallet functions come with an application for checking credit balances and usage histories of services for e-money, credit cards, coupons, ticket, membership ID and reward cards. The convenient new app eliminates having to download separate apps for each service.
New smartphones come with a downloader for Evernote, a popular notetaking application that archives text, images and other data/content for convenient online viewing, searching, etc. via the user'smultiple devices, such as PC and smartphone.
DOCOMO also announced today that its i-concier menu of highly personalized concierge-like services will introduce a handy feature for recording notes that trigger the automatic provision of practical information.
The new models and their planned launches are as follows: