Brings flagship calibre imaging with ZEISS Optics, PureDisplay screen technology and accelerated performance to the value flagship segment
HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, today announced the Nokia 8.1, the newest addition to its value flagship range.
The Nokia 8.1 comes armed with a 12MP main camera with ZEISS Optics, which has an industry-leading 1/2.55” super sensitive sensor with large 1.4 micron pixels for precise light capture. It also offers Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) technology and superfast autofocus. A wide aperture ensures you can capture sharp pictures even in low light conditions, allowing longer exposure times that can be manually controlled with the Pro Camera mode.
The 20MP adaptive front camera lets you capture night-time selfies. You can also shoot movies with 4K video and high fidelity Nokia spatial audio stereo surround sound.
You can also create portrait shots with the popular “bokeh” effect, enhanced with the Nokia 8.1’s native shallow depth of field, coupled with its secondary 13MP depth sensor.
Other photo-centric feature include a Pro Camera UI for the control over your photos. You can take your #Bothie game to the next level with AI-powered 3D personas, add masks and fun filters in your photos and videos, and livestream them directly without leaving your camera app.
The device features a 6.18” Full HD+ edge-to-edge display with proprietary PureDisplay screen technology with HDR 10 support.
Long-lasting power (up to two days per charge) is combined with the Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform, which offers 35% faster graphics and 20% higher performance than the previous generation, the Snapdragon 660. It also has twice the AI power, thanks to a multi-core AI Engine which combines a new architecture for efficient performance. Qualcomm aptX audio support also means music lovers can enjoy high quality sound wirelessly over Bluetooth.
The smartphone is running the latest Android software, Android 9 Pie. It joins the line-up of Nokia smartphones in the Android One family. Android 9 Pie includes the Adaptive Battery feature, which limits battery usage from apps you don’t use often. App Actions predicts what you’re about to do so you can get to your next action quickly. The Nokia 8.1 also combines the capabilities of Google Assistant with Dual-Sight, so you can ask it to take #Bothie pictures and videos, and even command it to livestream to YouTube.
The Nokia Phoenix will be available in three colour combinations, Blue/Silver, Steel/Copper, Iron/Steel, starting mid-December and will retail for an average global retail price of €399, exclusive of taxes and subsidies.
- Colors Blue/Silver, Steel/Copper, Iron/Steel
- Size (excluding camera) 154.8 x 75.76 x 7.97 mm
- Weight 180 g
- Network speed LTE Cat. 6, 2CA, L+L, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Operating system Android 9 Pie
- RAM 4 GB LPPDDR4x
- CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- Internal memory 64 GB3 e-MMC 5.1
- MicroSD card slot Support for up to 400 GB
- Connector 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Speakers Single speaker with smart amplifier
- Recording Nokia OZO surround sound capture
- Size and type 6.18’’ Full HD+ PureDisplay
- Resolution 18.7:9
- Material Corning Gorilla Glass, 2.5D Glass
- Primary camera Dual Main: 12 MP 1/2.55’’, 1.4um pixels, OIS 2PD, Dual second: 13 MP FF
- Front-facing camera Adaptive 20 MP FF/0.9um
- Flash Dual Hi-Cri flash
- Cable type USB Type-C 2.0 cable
- Sensors Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint sensor (rear), NFC
- Battery type Integrated 3500 mAh4 battery
- Charging 18 W fast charging