HTC has announced the Bolt, a 5.5-inch phone running Android 7.0 that will only be available via Sprint, and promises to offer blazing-fast speeds. The smartphone supports 3x20 MHz Carrier Aggregation thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon X10 LTE modem and it is available to purchase beginning today.
Forged from glass and metal, HTC Bolt features a 5.5-inch Quad HD (2K) display and it is the first water-resistant aluminum unibody Android phone. Bold is 3.7mm slim and introduces HTC BoomSound Adaptive Audio earphones. HTC BoomSound Adaptive Audio scans your ears and the ambient noise around you to adjust audio output to suit your personal hearing capabilities. Just plug in the USB Type C headphones (included). In addition, Hi-Res audio delivers 24-bit sounds.
HTC Bolt’s 16MP camera, supported by the Snapdragon processor, has OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) to reduce camera shake and capture sharp photographs and 4K video even in low light. The camera launches quickly and has an ultra-fast autofocus of 0.3s with Phase Detection Auto Focus.
Selfies are great, too, with HTC Bolt. An 8MP front camera with Auto HDR means vivid details will bring out your smile and the environment behind you. Super-wide panorama mode lets you capture your whole family and an expansive background, and an integrated screen flash ensures shots look great in low light.
Running the latest Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, HTC Bolt offers features such as split-screen view, quicker multitasking, free unlimited photo storage with Google Photos, and Google Duo video calling preloaded.
HTC Bolt’s built-in fingerprint sensor lets you unlock your phone at the touch of your finger - in as little as 0.2 seconds and lets you lock and unlock apps using Boost+. Even better, Boost+ also keeps your phone in top condition by cleaning up junk files and dynamically allocating resources like phone memory as required.
HTC Freestyle Layout frees you from an on-screen grid and lets you customize your home screen.
All these features are supported by a 3,200mAh battery, enough for up to a day or more use on a single charge. If you need to recharge quickly, HTC Bolt features Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology for fast charging. Load up on photos, videos, movies and games with the HTC Bolt’s 3GB RAM and 32GB storage space expandable with optional SD cards for up to 2TB of space.
HTC Bolt is now available at Sprint stores, www.sprint.com for $25 per month over 24 months with installment billing.
- Dimensions and Weight: 6.06 x 3.04 x .32 in, 6.14 oz
- Platform Android: Android 7.0 with HTC Sense
- Main Camera:
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
- ƒ/2.0 aperture and 28 mm focal length
- Glass Lens
- Dual LED flash
- Self timer up to 10 seconds
- Face detection
- Zoe capture
- Slow motion video (720P@120 fps)
- 4K video recording with Hi-Res audio
- Video Pic
- Location: GPS + GLONASS
- HTC BoomSound Adaptive Audio
- HTC BoomSound Adaptive Audio Hi-Res earphones
- Hi-Res audio certified
- Three microphones with noise cancellation
- Hi-Res audio stereo recording
- 5.5 in, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 with curve edge
- Pixel density at 534 ppi
- super LCD 3
- SIM Card Type: Nano SIM
- Front Camera:
- ƒ/2.4 aperture and 29 mm focal length
- Auto HDR
- Selfie Panorama
- Full HD 1080p video recording
- Live make-up
- Auto Selfie (keep still or smile)
- Voice Selfie
- Self timer up to 10 seconds
- Ambient light sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Motion G-sensor
- Compass sensor
- Gyro sensor
- Magnetic sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- Sensor Hub
- Battery and Charging Speed:
- Capacity: 3200 mAh with Quick Charge 2.0 support
- Power saving mode
- Extreme power saving mode
- CPU Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, octa-core, up to 2.0 Ghz
- ROM: 32GB / RAM: 3GB
- Expansion card slot supports microSD memory card for up to 2TB
- 2G/2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G UMTS: 850/AWS/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G LTE (up to 450Mbps): FDD: Bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 25, 26
- TDD: Band 41 with 3xCA
- Support CAT9 LTE: downloads up to 450 Mbps, upload up to 50 Mbps
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Streaming media from the phone to compatible Chromecast, DLNA, AirPlay, Miracast Devices
- USB 2.0
- Water & Dust Protection: IP57