Today, LG Electronics introduced the LG V60 ThinQ 5G, the latest evolution of the V series smartphone.
The smartphone is featuring 5G connectivity, upgraded audio, video and photo capabilities and updated software experiences.
LG has equipped the LG V60 ThinQ 5G with its most advanced camera features and technologies. The LG V60 ThinQ 5G features two rear cameras and a time of flight (ToF) sensor array, including a 64MP main camera lens for sharper, brighter images regardless of lighting conditions. Also available is a 13MP wide angle lens for more agile and all-encompassing shots. For the first time ever on an LG device, LG V60 ThinQ 5G supports 8K video recording for capturing videos in 8K quality.
Four new microphones allow for recording sounds from various directions to deliver realistic audio no matter the surroundings. The device also offers Voice Bokeh, a feature that separates users’ voices from background noise, allowing content creators to place more focus on the subject while reducing excess noise. Also included is the LG 3D Sound Engine, an audio processing technology first introduced on LG OLED TVs. This recognizes the type of content and optimizes the sound accordingly for a more cinematic quality.
Built to get the most from 5G, LG’s newest V series device packs a generous 5,000mAh battery for extended use of the 6.8-inch OLED display and LG Dual Screen. The LG V60 ThinQ is also equipped with the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform with the Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G modem to enable multi-gigabit 5G connectivity.
Both the phone and the upgraded second screen accessory come with sharp 20.5:9 ratio FHD+ P-OLED displays that are almost a half inch larger than before. Even so, the new Dual Screen tips the scale at the same portable weight as its predecessor, thanks to the thinner OLED panel. With a ribbed back for a more secure grip and the same-sized OLED panel found in the V60 ThinQ 5G, LG Dual Screen doubles the available screen real estate to make multitasking, productivity, gaming and entertainment more enjoyable. What’s more, users can set the LG Dual Screen’s 2.1-inch Cover Display to always display key information for easy access at a glance or configure it to time out after 10 seconds.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G also features a design that brings together metal and glass. It is available in two new colors.
The LG V60 ThinQ 5G will roll out in key markets of North America, Europe and Asia starting next month. LG said that the V60 will come in "under the cheapest Galaxy S20 with the Dual Screen included," so assuming that means $950 or so, that's a good deal cheaper than the $1,400 Galaxy S20 Ultra and one of the cheapest 5G phones you can buy.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform with Snapdragon X55 5G Modem
- Display: 6.8-inch 20.5:9 FHD+ P-OLED FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 128GB or 256GB ROM1 / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear: 64MP Standard2 (F1.8 / 0.8μm / 78˚) / 13MP Super Wide (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 117˚) / Z Camera (ToF Receiver / Emitter)
- Front: 10MP Standard (F1.9 / 1.22μm / 72.5˚)
- Battery: 5,000mAh
- Operating System: Android 10
- Size: 169.3 x 77.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 214g
- Network: 5G / LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, ax / Bluetooth 5.1 / NFC / USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Compatible)
- Biometrics: In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Colors: Classy Blue, Classy White
- Other: Stereo Speaker / 4Ch Microphones / AI CAM / Google Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / LG 3D Sound Engine / HDR10+ / Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ / MIL-STD 810G Compliance / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / LG Pay / FM Radio
LG Dual Screen
- Display: 6.8-inch 20.5:9 FHD + P-OLED FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
- Cover Display: 2.1-inch Mono
- Size: 175.9 x 86 x 14.9mm
- Weight: 134g
- Contact Type: USB Type-C
- Folding Type: 360 Freestop Hinge
- Colors: Black, White