2. Features, specifications
The "Official line" on these Earphones, from the Klipsch web site, reads:Superb Choice for Critical Listeners
A great solution for audiophiles and musicians.
- Studio reference acoustic experiences
- Secure personalized fit for active lifestyles
- Unparalleled comfort
- Exceptional durability
- Includes great traveling accessories
- Works with iPod®s, iPhones and other portable devices
These professional-quality earphones deliver performances just as the artists intended. Whether it's the spine-tingling riffs of an electric guitar or the incredible boom of a kick drum, you're going to get that "live on stage" euphoria courtesy of exclusive KG723 tweeters, KG731 woofers, and a patent-pending electro-acoustic crossover system.
These professional-quality earphones deliver performances just as the artists intended.
- Applies over 60 years of audio expertise.
- Exclusive KG723 tweeters, KG731 woofers and proprietary electro-acoustic crossover system.
- Patent-pending Contour Ear Gels accurately fit inside the human ear canal for amazing comfort and excellent noise isolation.
- Patent-pending earphone nozzles prevent tips from getting lodged in the user's ear.
- Flexible ear wire system mold precisely around ear for a perfect external fit.
- Adaptable ear wires let users experience full or partial noise isolation—a great safety feature for on-the-go users.
- Reliable strain relief at every cable connection point to avoid wire damage.
- Cloth cable with Wireguard: cloth weave over PVC jacketed signal cables prevent cables from becoming exposed.
Featuring a black soft-feel paint finish with copper accents on its earbuds, Custom-3 earphones utilize dark gray patent-pending Contour Ear Gels that are anatomically designed to accurately fit inside the human ear canal. These soft, oval silicon tips reduce ear fatigue as well as provide an amazing seal for excellent noise isolation and bass response.
Because ear canal measurements vary, Custom-3 headphones come with five different washable ear gel sizes: small, medium, and large single flange designs as well as small and large double flange designs. Extra small sizes can be ordered via the klipsch.com web store. Such variety allows these earphones to fit more of the population than the competition.
For perfect exterior comfort, flexible ear wires bend over and around the ears so they can be customized to each user. It may take you a few minutes to find the perfect fit, but once you get it right, the time will be well worth it. And not only do these adaptable wires provide optimal comfort, they also let users experience full or partial noise isolation—a great safety feature for on-the-go users. Just pull the ear gels out of the ear canals and adjust the wires to firmly position the earphone nozzles over the canals.
Inside Custom-3 earphones, you’ll find over 60 years of audio expertise ready to get the music inside your head. Exclusive KG723 tweeters, KG731 woofers, and patent-pending electro-acoustic crossover systems let your hear performances just as the artists intended—making Custom-3 an excellent choice for musicians and critical listeners. And if you find yourself not completely blown away by Custom-3’s performance, you probably don’t have the right fit or seal. So be sure to try out various ear tip sizes.
Klipsch has gone to great lengths to ensure the long-lasting durability of Custom-3, up to and including its 50-inch-long cables. Put through extensive “real world” testing, these headphones feature appropriate strain relief at every cable connection point to help prevent wire damage. Plus, underneath the cable’s black cloth weaving, a special PVC Wireguard jacket prevents the wires from becoming exposed and frayed.
Great iPod headphones, Custom-3 also works with the iPhone and virtually any device with a headphone jack. These headphones come with a high-quality vinyl carrying case that will also fit an 80G iPod, a ¼-inch adaptor, an airline adaptor, five sets of ear gels, and an ear tip cleaning tool.
|nominal impedance||32 ohms|
|crossover frequency||1500 Hz|
|dimensions||Packaging: 7.25” H x 5” W x 3.5” D|
|weight||0.458 oz., 13 grams|
|accessories||Vinyl carrying, also fits 80G iPod; 1/4" jack adaptor; airline adaptor; five sets of ear gels; ear tip cleaning tool|
|features||50" cable; Soft dark gray oval silicon ear tips|
|finishes||Black soft-feel paint with copper accents|