Today we are running some benchmarks on Kingston's HyperX10th Anniversary Edition memory kit, which comes with a stylish new heatspreader to celebrate Kingston's ten years of offering high-performance HyperX memory products. This series features a sleek silver heatspreader and its low profile fits under large CPU coolers. It is also Intel XMP Ready memory, meaning that it can easily run at higher performing frequencies, timings and voltage, by simply enabling Intel’s Extreme Memory Profile.
The HyperX 10th Anniversary
Edition memory delivers frequencies up to 2400MHz and
high capacities of up to 32GB. Today we will test the KHX18C9X3K2/8X, which is a kit of two 512M x 64-bit
(4GB) DDR3-1866 CL9 SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM), 2Rx8
memory modules, based on sixteen 256M x 8-bit FBGA components per module. Each module kit has been tested to run at DDR3-1866 at a low
latency timing of 9-11-9 at 1.65V. The SPDs are programmed to JEDEC standard latency DDR3-1333 timing of 9-9-9 at 1.5V.
Each 240-pin DIMM uses gold contact fingers.
XMP TIMING PARAMETERS
- JEDEC: DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9 @1.5V
- XMP Profile #1: DDR3-1866 CL9-11-9 @1.65V
- XMP Profile #2: DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9 @1.65V
- Main features
- Capacities 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB in kits of 2 and 4
- Frequency speed 1600MHz–2400MHz
- Compatible tested with all popular brands of motherboards
- 1.35V-1.65V operating voltage enables stable overclocking
- Compatible with Intel XMP auto-overclocking function
- Designed to work with P55, H67, P67, Z68, H61 (AG), X79 and Z77 Intel chipsets; as well as A75, A87, A88, A89, A78, and E35 (Fusion) AMD chipsets
- 100% factory tested
- DDR3 only
The retail package for the Kingston KHX18C9X3K2/8X kit (4x2GB) will cost you about €60. As a note, the series' speed ranges from 1600MHz to 2400MHz, but only the 4x4GB (16GB - KHX21C11X3K4/16X ) kit will reach the maximum supported 2400 MHz. So make sure to check Kingston's web site before buying any of the HyperX 10th Anniversary Edition memory parts.
Below you see the plastic packaging of the 8GB DDR3 kit we received.
As you can see below, the HyperX Anniversary Edition memory kit has a low profile silver heatspreader which looks cool and stylish but also easily fits under your large coolers of your PC system.