Today, HP Inc. unveiled its newest Z by HP mobile workstation and HP ENVY portfolio – designed for creators. The HP ZBook Studio, HP ZBook Create, and the HP ENVY 15 are the latest additions to the HP Create Ecosystem, which launched at Adobe MAX in 2019.
HP’s ZBook Studio, ZBook Create, and ENVY 15 laptops with RTX GPUs are members of NVIDIA’s RTX Studio program, featuring acceleration for demanding ray-traced rendering and AI creative workloads, and Studio drivers for reliability.
Z by HP
HP claims that the HP ZBook Studio is the world’s most powerful mobile workstation per cubic centimeter, and that the HP ZBook Create is the world’s smallest 15” notebook for creation and gaming. The latest additions to the Z by HP portfolio are purpose-built and re-engineered from the ground up to meet the demanding needs of the most creative applications and workflows.
In 2015, the Scientific and Engineering Award was awarded by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the development of the HP LP2480zx Professional DreamColor display. The ZBook Studio and ZBook Create bring the first DreamColor display with 17.5 hour, all-day battery life to visual effects artists, animators, and colorists worldwide, enabling them to accurately represent their content on-screen from anywhere because of DreamColor’s built-in colorimeter for automatic self-calibration, 100% sRGB and Adobe RGB for accuracy, and over a billion colors.
The ZBook Studio is available with options of Quadro or GeForce graphics and next-gen Intel Core and Intel® Xeon processors. In addition, the Z Power Slider gives the user complete control over the type of performance and acoustics for specific workflows. At the same time, the Z Predictive Fan Algorithm intelligently manages fan behavior based on the kind of work and applications used by creatives.
A new vapor cooling chamber and liquid crystal polymer, gaming-class thermals are designed to equip users with the ability to run at maximum performance. The custom cooling system pushes air away from the CPU and GPU in 2-dimensional paths, unlocking power density that is 2.8x higher gen to gen in a laptop design that is up to 22% smaller.
The ZBook Studio and ZBook Create pack a nearly borderless screen experience – 22% reduction in volume from the previous generation – alongside an up to 17.5-hour long-lasting battery life into a lightweight aluminum exterior, bringing creators a laptop with all-day battery life.
The Z Command Keyboard is designed for creators for a seamless transition from other products, with a familiar keyboard layout for shortcuts, and quiet keys.
In addition, the 15.6” notebook for creation and gaming provides rich audio with 150 Hz roll-off bass and speakers custom-tuned by Bang and Olufsen.
HP ENVY 15
The HP ENVY 15 laptop has a minimalist design with an aluminum chassis and is the first ENVY with a layer of glass on top of the touchpad.
Available across all new HP ENVY devices this year is the all-in-one keyboard, which includes buttons for power, camera shutter, mute mic, fingerprint reader, and HP Command Center.
It comes with a 4K OLED VESA certified DisplayHDR True Black display. It features 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 100,000:1 contrast ratio with 400 nits brightness. Every 4K display is color calibrated to meet Delta E <2 standard to ensure consistent and accurate colors.
HP QuickDrop – exclusive to the new ENVY 15 – transfers digital creations, documents, notes, websites, addresses, and more across a variety of devices - PC, iPhone, Android, or tablet.
The laptop is powered by an up to 10th Gen Intel Core i9 (H-series) processor, up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q design, and up to 32GB of DDR4 Memory.
The ENVY 15 is the first HP ENVY device to offer gaming-class thermals – a vapor chamber and two 12-volt fans. Compared with a traditional heat-pipe design, HP claims that its custom vapor chamber solution provides 33% more processor power to power through intensive workloads.
The device also features HP Dynamic Power, which intelligently allocates power between the CPU and GPU; and, the IR thermal sensor supports Performance Control to fully utilize thermal capacity.
It also offers fast storage and connectivity with up to 2 TB PCIe SSD and RAID 0 (2xSSD)14, 3x faster file transfer speeds connectivity with Wi-Fi 6 versus Wi-Fi 515, and Bluetooth 5.
HP quotes yup to 16.5 hours of battery life. In addition, the HP Fast Charge feature is offering a 50% charge in 45 minutes.
Along with up to 10th Gen Intel Core i9 featuring 8 cores and 16 threads and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q design, the HP ENVY 15 brings gaming-class thermal, with its vapor chamber solution providing 33% more processor power to power through intensive workloads compared to traditional heat-pipe design.
HP ENVY Portfolio
Also available is the latest HP ENVY portfolio:
- HP ENVY 13: With an 88% screen-to-body ratio, up to a 10th Gen Intel Core CPU and optional NVIDIA GeForce MX330 graphics, up to 19.5 hours of battery life up to 4K UHD display, and fast Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, this is a creator device in an 11” diagonal footprint.
- HP ENVY x360 13: This convertible has both form and function, featuring an 88% screen-to-body ratio, this convertible PC comes with the AMD Ryzen 4000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics, up to 17.5 hours of battery life and fast connectivity with Wi-Fi 515 and Bluetooth 5.0.
- HP ENVY x360 15: With an 88% screen-to-body ratio, up to a 10th Gen Intel Core processors with optional NVIDIA GeForce MX330 graphics or AMD Ryzen 4000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics, up to 18.5 hours of battery life, optional 4K AMOLED display, and fast connectivity with Wi-Fi 618 and Bluetooth 5.0.
- HP ENVY 17: With an 86% screen to body ratio, up to a 10th Gen Intel Core CPU and NVIDIA GeForce MX330 graphics, up to 11 hours of battery life, optional 4K UHD display, and fast connectivity with Wi-Fi 618 and Bluetooth 5.0.
Pricing and Availability:
- The HP ZBook Studio and HP ZBook Create is expected to be available in August via HP.com. Pricing has not yet been disclosed.
- HP ENVY 15 is expected to be available in June via HP.com with a starting price of $1,349.99. The device will also be available for purchase at Amazon, Costco.com, Office Depot, and other US retailers. Pricing was not announced.
- HP ENVY 13 is expected to be available in early May via HP.com with a starting price of $999.99. The device will also be available for purchase at Amazon and other US retailers.
- HP ENVY 17 is available now at HP.com with a starting price of $1,099.99. The device is also available for purchase at Amazon, Best Buy and other US retailers.
- HP ENVY x360 13 is expected to be available in early May via HP.com with a starting price of $699.99. The device will also be available for purchase at Costco.com, and other US retailers.
- HP ENVY x360 15 is expected to be available in early May via HP.com with a starting price of $699.99 for the AMD SKU and $849.99 for the Intel SKU. The device will also be available for purchase at Amazon, Best Buy, and other US retailers.