1. Features, specifications
2. The Package
3. BIOS, test configuration, Energy Saving function
4. Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition, SiSoftware Sandra
5. Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage, SYSmark 2007 Preview
6. Benchmarks - MAXON CINEBENCH, x264 HD Benchmark, - TMPGEnc 4 Xpress
7. Benchmarks - SuperPI, wPrime
8. Benchmarks - 3DMark 06, Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3
Gigabyte is one of the biggest motherboard manufacturers that offer innovating products and rich features. Recently, Gigabyte shipped their P35 based motherboard with energy saving features. We have already seen such features with various motherboards so we wanted to compare and check how Gigabyte's approach performs.
The EP35-DS4 is based on Intel's P35 series, which of course is not a new chipset. However, the Gigabyte EP35 series is brand new since it includes a new Dynamic Energy Saver (DES) software/hardware combination that adjusts the CPU power phase use on the fly to maximise the efficiency of the subsystem. In theory that can give you up to 70% CPU power savings and up to 20% improved CPU power efficiency.
- Gigabyte EP35-DS4
GIGABYTE’s GA-EP35-DS4 motherboard is the ultimate dream machine for serious overclockers and enthusiasts. Making sure gamers have plenty of CPU headroom, the GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4 supports Intel Core 2 multi-core processors as well as the Intel 45nm CPUs. In addition to providing record setting support for 1600MHz (O.C.) Front Side Bus and up to 1200 MHz (O.C.) of DDR2 memory, the GA-EP35-DS4 is further equipped to support ATI CrossFireX with dual PCI Express x16 interfaces.
The GA-EP35-DS4 also delivers several Unique GIGABYTE innovations including the Dynamic Energy Saver (DES), providing extensive power savings with one simple click. Featuring the award-winning Durable 2 design, the GA-EP35-DS4 provides ultra cooling and extended system durability for even the most hardcore PC gamers.
Gigabyte EP35-DS4 features:
- Supports Intel Core 2 multi-core and Intel 45nm processors
- Supports DDR2 1200(OC) memory for outstanding system performance.
- Revolution energy saving design with GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver(DES) technology.
- Ultra Durable 2 motherboard features High Quality CPU Power design with Ferrite core chokes, Low RDS (on) MOSFET and Solid Capacitors.
- Ultimate graphics performance with dual PCI-E x16 interface
- Integrated SATA 3Gb/s with RAID function
- Features high speed Gigabit Ethernet and IEEE1394
- Unique Silent-Pipe with outstanding cooling performance
- Audio controller from ALC 889A codec and DTS Connect, featuring 106 dB Signal to Noise ratio and supporting for both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats.
|GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy SaverGIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver is a technology that delivers unparalleled power savings with the simple click of a button. Featuring an advanced proprietary hardware and software design, GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver is able to provide exceptional power savings of up to 70% and up to 20% improved power efficiency without sacrificing computing performance...more
Intel Core 2 multi-core and 45nm processors GA-EP35-DS4 supports Intel latest high performance CPU delivers the most energy-efficient performance available today. Based on Intel's Micro Architecture, the Intel multi-core processors with 4 cores and two shared L2 caches provide the best capability-per-watt solutions and are an ideal choice for multi-media enthusiasts and intensive multi-tasking environments. This cutting-edge processor offers significant performance boosts and provides an overall more energy efficient platform.
|Dual Channel DDR2 1200 by OC
Experience the advanced technology of DDR2 1200 (O.C.) memory, featuring faster speeds and higher data bandwidth, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications.
In order to get familiar with the full features of the Gigabyte EP35-DS4 visit Gigabyte's website.
- Full specifications
|Storage Interface||South Bridge:
|Internal I/O Connectors||
|Back Panel Connectors||