Features of the Latitude XT2 XFR include:
- At 1.5 inches (38.1 millimeters) it is the thinnest 12.1-inch rugged convertible tablet and starts at 5.4 pounds (2.45 kilograms) with four -cell battery and solid state drive[i], it is engineered and independently tested to meet MIL-810G standards for operation in harsh environments.
- Compression-sealed and rugged I/O doors, LCD, and keyboard, provide an IP54 level of Ingress Protection, or resistance to moisture and dust
- The Latitude XT2 XFR can be installed in police or first-responder vehicles where critical information can be accessed with one hand.
- Intel Core 2 Duo processors with up to 5GB[iii] of DDR3 1066 MHz memory.
- QuadCool Thermal Management System enables excellent performance, even in extreme temperatures from minus 10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Four -, six - and nine-cell battery options.
- Standard data security features that include Dell ControlVault and Dell ControlPoint, as well as optional solid state and spinning disk drives with full disk encryption.
- Impact resistant, sunlight viewable, 12.1-inch wide LED display with capacitive multi-touch gestures-enabled or optional resistive touch screen.
- Optional hot-swappable modules including GPS (in the coming weeks) and webcam.
- Optional expansion sliver provides camera/light, serial, and RJ11 inputs.
- An extensive range of optional accessories and services that include mobile rugged docking and mounting solutions in the coming weeks .
- A full complement of wireless connectivity options including wireless LAN 802.11 a/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 and mobile broadband.
The XT2 XFR will be available in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, online and via Dells PartnerDirect program. It starts at $3,599 and more information is available here.