Creative Technology has boosted its PC gaming audio range with the release of Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus, an improved version of the original Sound BlasterX AE-5 with more surround sound enhancements.
Backed up with Sound Blaster’s audio processing technology such as the Xamp discrete headphone bi-amplifier, and powered by a 122 dB 32-bit / 384 kHz ESS SABRE32 Ultra-class DAC, the Sound BlasterX AE-5 was the also world’s first sound card with an integrated RGB controller.
In Xamp discrete headphone bi-amp, each audio channel is individually amplified.
The card also features an ultra-low 1Ω headphone output impedance that can drive studio-grade headphones of up to 600Ω, including high-end planar-magnetic headphones. The Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus delivers 122 dB DNR audio stream at up to 32-bit / 384 kHz playback with ultra-low distortion and jitter.
Now, with support for Dolby Digital Live and Connect encoding, Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus provides more delivery options to external audio devices. On top of support for Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect Encoding, the Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus also features discrete 5.1 on speakers, and up to 7.1 virtual surround on both speakers and headphones.
Together with the existing AE-5, it has also been updated with the latest Sound Blaster Command software, which features a user-friendly interface.
Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus is priced at USD149.99.
- Interface/Powerl: PCI-e bus power, +5V for Aurora lighting (requires 4-pin molex peripheral connector from PC power supply)
- Audio Technology: Sound Core3D
- Dynamic Range (DNR): 122 dB
- Connectivity Options (Main): 1x TOSLINK Optical Out, 1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) Mic In / Line In, 1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) Headphone / Headset Out, 1 x 1/8" Front Out, 1 x 1/8" Rear Out, 1 x 1/8" Center / Sub Out, 1 x Front Panel Header
- Headphone Amp
- Supported Headphone Impedance:16—600Ω
- Output Impedance: 1Ω
- Low Gain: 16—149 Ω (+0 dB)
- Audio Technologies: CrystalVoice, Scout Mode, DTS Connect Encoding, Dolby Digital Live Encoding
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows® 10
- Dimensions: 145 x 20 x 128 mm
- ASIO: Playback & Recording
- Platform: PCI-e
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB, THD+N (DAC): 0.00032[%]
- Warranty: 2-year Limited Hardware Warranty (EU Countries), 1-year Limited Hardware Warranty (Non-EU Countries)