Sony at CES unveiled the logo for the company's next-generation console, the PlayStation 5 (PS5).
The company also confirmed that the PS5 will be able to play ULTRA HD Blu-ray discs and it will support 3D audio functions. The PS5's controller will use haptic technology instead of the conventional vibration technology, and will adopt an adaptive trigger will make the buttons feel more resistant. In addition, a custom, high-speed SSD will be onborad, and the console's hardware will support ray tracing graphics.
- Equipped with custom SSD for ultra high-speed access
- AMD custom chip
- CPU: x86-64-AMD Ryzen “Zen2”, 8 cores / 16 threads
- GPU: AMD Radeon RDNA (Radeon DNA) -based graphics engine
- Supports up to 8K resolution output and 3D audio processing
- Designed for compatibility with PlayStation 4 titles
- PlayStation VR compatible
- Controller supports haptic technology
- An adaptive trigger that makes the L2 and R2 buttons feel more resistant
- Supports 100GB Ultra HD Blu-ray discs for games