Yahoo, part of the Verizon Media portfolio, unveiled its first-ever unlimited phone plan, Yahoo Mobile.
Yahoo Mobile will bring together the capabilities of Verizon’s assets including its 4G LTE network and Yahoo’scontent and scale.
“We are constantly looking for new ways to drive product innovation and synergy that unlocks value for our consumers,” said Guru Gowrappan, CEO of Verizon Media. “With the launch of Yahoo Mobile, we are continuing to evolve our business by bringing a new, personalized Yahoo experience to the market that feeds our users’ passions, and also attracts new audiences. Combining the strengths of Verizon’s assets in wireless, technology, and media will enable us to deliver a valuable consumer offering and experiences that give people more of what they want.”
Yahoo Mobile will include:
- Unlimited text, talk and data (Verizon says in times of traffic, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic.)
- Unlimited mobile hotspot (speeds capped at 5 Mbps) for use with one connected device at a time
- Yahoo Mail Pro for ad-free email
- Account Pro for 24/7 Yahoo account customer service
- On Verizon’s 4G LTE network
Yahoo Mobile builds upon Verizon Media’s diversification strategy and subscription model which launched membership programs with TechCrunch, HuffPost, Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Finance.
Yahoo Mobile is available in the U.S. today on iOS and Android. You can opt to use the plan with your existing device, or get a new mobile. The Pixel 4, the iPhone 11, and so on are available.