Issues resolved since version 2.13:
- Fixed a rare condition that may cause Windows Blue Screen error when the primary-configured drive woke up from either a SATA slumber mode or S3/S4 modes
- Fixed a rare condition that may cause Windows Blue Screen error when the drive was configured as primary with OS installed
- Fixed a corner-case issue that may cause the drive to stutter or Windows freezing screen when a media read error occurred
- Further improved robustness of Secure Erase operation to prevent possible low-level data structure corruption
- Significantly improved TRIM handling to enhance system stability
Vertex 3 series, Vertex 3 Max IOPS series, Agility 3 series, Solid 3 seriesKnown open issue:
- Formatting a RAID1 volume takes longer than expected with PMC-Sierra BR-8 HBA
"OCZ is pleased to announce that the cause of a BSOD issue experienced by some SF-2000-based drive owners has been identified by OCZ and SandForce. All newly manufactured OCZ SF-2000 based SSDs will feature the new 2.15 firmware revision (which is based on SandForce firmware version 3.3.2.) We highly recommend that any customers that have experienced the BSOD issue update their firmware to 2.15," OCZ said in a statement.
SandForce is also releasing the firmware to its partners, so if you have non-OCZ drives you should contact your drive manufacturer for an availability update.