Roxio Creator 2011 also supports emerging 3D formats, including those used in popular 3D theatrical film releases, as well as 3D-enabled capture devices, computers, HDTVs, and accessories. Users may import stereoscopic content directly from 3D cameras and other capture devices and then create personalized 3D productions complete with transitions, titles, effects, and a sound track that can be viewed on the PC, enjoyed on a 3D-enabled HDTV, or posted and shared via YouTube.
Users of Roxio Creator 2011 may immediately begin to experiment with 3D out-of-the-box without additional investment using their existing 2D content, standard computer system and monitor, along with the anaglyph glasses included in the retail package. Roxio has also collaborated with technology firms driving 3D such as ATI, NVIDIA, and RealD, to ensure Creator 2011 is fully compatible with the latest 3D-enabled cameras, systems, displays, technologies, and formats, as well as a full-range of accessories including 3D glasses.
As well as introducing a full-range of features for 3D content creation and sharing, Roxio continues to expand and enhance the full complement of video, music, photo, authoring, and burning applications.
Roxio Creator 2011 offers a completely new application for protecting family memories, as well as Roxio Streamer, which turns a home PC into a media server. Roxio Streamer enables users to securely access their media "from the road" via a browser. The application also supports both UPNP and DLNA, providing users the ability to also access media from thousands of different DLNA-compatible consumer electronic devices including TVs, DVD players, and game consoles, as well as from any PC on their network.
Also new in Roxio Creator 2011 are a range of features and tools to help accelerate and simplify video creation and conversion, and make it easier and faster for users to generate higher-quality personal photo, DVD, and Blu-ray Disc projects. Simple functions have been included for quickly stabilizing shaky home movies as well as rotating video clips between 'portrait' and 'landscape'. Roxio Creator 2011 provides new options for sharing media on the Web and connected devices with a new upload-to-Facebook feature and a pre-defined conversion settings for the optimal viewing of personal productions on the iPad. For those seeking more guidance, Roxio Creator 2011 offers an enhanced, built-in Learning Center that includes dozens of new video tutorials and step-by-step instructional guides, including detailed information on how to get the best results when working with 3D content.
Fully Windows 7 compatible, Roxio Creator 2011 is available today at www.roxio.com for $99.99 and will be introduced early next month in retail stores worldwide. Roxio Creator 2011 Pro, priced at $129.99, also includes the Blu-ray Disc authoring capability, a $19.99 value, as well as a set of additional applications valued at almost $250 SRP if purchased separately.
The Pro features include Sonicfire Pro, for creating custom soundtracks, SoundSoap SE delivering audio noise reduction for both audio and video files, BackOnTrack 4 a hard-drive backup and recovery suite, Roxio Secure Burn a solution for quick, secure backup and disc encryption and, finally, tools for direct editing of HD video on BD-RE.
Roxio Creator 2011 New Feature Highlights:
Personal 3D Made Easy
- 3D capture from stereoscopic cameras (such as the Fuji W1)
- Import 3D files in common 3D formats, including side-by-side, over-under, anaglyph, and dual stream. In addition, Roxio Creator 2011 supports all standard 2D photo and video file formats.
- Simplified Storyline, as well as advanced 32-track Timeline 3D editing views and preview
- Full range of 3D editing options including trimming, title creation, narration, music tracks, and video correction features
- 3D-like transitions and special effects
- 2D to 3D real-time video conversion
- 2D to 3D photo conversion
- Authoring of 3D-enabled DVDs and Blu-ray Discs
- Save 3D video in a range of file formats (including RealD Format for a cinematic-quality personal home 3D experience)
- Direct upload of 3D video to YouTube
- Instant access to personal media content on your PC via the Internet and from a broad range of connected devices
- New iPad device support and easy publishing to Facebook
- Edit movies and create DVDs and Blu-ray Discs; now includes new video stabilization and video rotation tools.
- Additional project templates for instantly creating personalized DVDs, high-resolution calendars, cards, and more.
- New additions to built-in Learning Center with direct access to dozens of video tutorials and printable step-by-step instructions for quick help when needed
- Support for iCore7 and iCore9 processors, ATI Stream, and NVIDIA CUDA technologies to reduce rendering and encoding times