Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced the Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G Mobile Platform, a follow-on to the Snapdragon 765G that supports higher performance and updatable GPU drivers.
Snapdragon 768G enables smart gaming with the integration of global 5G, sophisticated on-device AI and select Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming features.
Compared to the Snapdragon 765G, the new 768G platform offers a Qualcomm Kryo 475 CPU Prime core clock speed up to 2.8 GHz (improved from 2.4 GHz); a Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU offers up to 15% performance increase; and supports Adreno Updateable GPU Drivers.
In addition to these performance enhancements, Snapdragon 768G is designed to deliver gaming performance, 5G connectivity, and intelligent multi-camera capabilities, while also preserving battery life. Snapdragon 768G is also pin- and software-compatible with Snapdragon 765 and 765G.
The Snapdragon 768G offers select Snapdragon Elite Gaming features to provide special game extensions and optimizations, smoother gameplay and true 10-bit HDR. This is the first 7-series platform to support Adreno Updateable GPU Drivers, giving players control of their GPU driver updates and settings to provide peak display refresh rates that unlock visual fidelity on their games. Combined with a bolstered Adreno 620 GPU for up to 15% faster graphics rendering than Snapdragon 765G and support for 120Hz display, users can expect more life-like gaming and greated performance per unit power.
Dedicated to bringing 5G multimode connectivity far and wide globally like its predecessor, the Snapdragon 768G with the Snapdragon X52 5G Modem-RF System supports all key regions and frequency bands including 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz, 5G SA and NSA modes, TDD and FDD with Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), global 5G roaming and support for multi-SIM. The Snapdragon X52 5G Modem-RF System is designed to deliver multi-gigabit peak download speeds of up to 3.7 Gbps and upload speeds of up to 1.6 Gbps.
The latest 5th generation Qualcomm AI Engine, combined with the X52 5G Modem-RF System, brings enhncements to your smartphone's camera, audio, voice and gaming. Snapdragon 768G’s AI Engine supports use cases like real-time translation and ultra-smooth AI-based lens filters for social media apps. Also, the low-power Qualcomm Sensing Hub enables devices to be contextually aware of voice commands when using AI voice assistants and can automatically identify music that is playing around users – without excessive battery drain.
Also announced today, the Redmi K30 5G Racing Edition is the first commercial device to be announced based on Snapdragon 768G, which supports 5G SA/NSA dual-mode, a 120Hz display and up to 64 megapixel camera.
- 5G Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon X52 Modem-RF System
- 5G Spectrum: Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), mmWave, sub-6 GHz
- 5G mmWave specs: 2x2 MIMO
- 5G sub-6 GHz specs: 100 MHz bandwidth, 4x4 MIMO
- 5G Peak Download Speed: 1.2 Gbps (LTE), Up to 3.7 Gbps (5G)
- Multi-SIM features: Global 5G multi-SIM
- Performance Enhancement Technologies: Qualcomm 5G PowerSave, Qualcomm Smart Transmit technology, Qualcomm Wideband Envelope Tracking, Qualcomm Signal Boost adaptive antenna tuning
- 5G Peak Upload Speed: Up to 1.6 Gbps (5G), 210 Mbps (LTE)
- Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine
- AIE CPU: Qualcomm Kryo 475 CPU
- AIE GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU
- AIE DSP: Qualcomm Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX), Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon 696 Processor, Qualcomm Sensing Hub, Qualcomm Hexagon Scalar Accelerator
- CPU Clock Speed: Up to 2.8 GHz
- CPU Cores: Qualcomm Kryo 475 CPU
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- Process Technology: 7 nm
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Subsystem: Qualcomm FastConnect 6200
- Wi-Fi 6-ready features: Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), Target Wake Time, 8x8 sounding, WPA3 security support
- Bluetooth Features: Bluetooth 5.0
- Modem Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon X52 Modem-RF System
- Cellular Technology: HSPA, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE
- LTE Technology: LTE including CBRS support
- 5G Technology: 5G NR
- Wi-Fi Standards: 802.11ax-ready, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n
- Wi-Fi Spectral Bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi 6-ready technology features: Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), Target Wakeup Time, 8x8 sounding, WPA3 security support
- MIMO Configuration: 2x2 (2-stream)
- Wi-Fi Features: Dual-band simultaneous (DBS)
- Bluetooth Audio: Qualcomm aptX Adaptive Audio, Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.2
- Near Field Communications: Supported
- Satellite Systems Support: Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, Dual frequency GNSS, NavIC, GPS, GNSS, QZSS, SBAS
- USB Version: USB 3.1, USB-C
- Image Signal Processor: Qualcomm Spectra 355 image signal processor, 14-bit, 2x Image Signal Processor (ISP)
- Dual Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 22 MP
- Single Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 36 MP
- Single Camera: Up to 192 MP
- Slow Motion Video Capture: 720p @ 480 FPS
- Video Capture Formats: HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, HEVC
- Video Capture Features: Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture, 4K HDR video capture with portrait mode, Up to 10-bit color depth video capture
- Codec Support: H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC), VP8, VP9
- Max On-Device Display: QHD+ @ 60 Hz , FHD+ @ 120 Hz
- Max External Display: UHD @ 60Hz
- HDR: HDR10+, HDR10
- Color Depth: Up to 10-bit
- Color Gamut: Rec2020
- Audio Technology: Qualcomm Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator, Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec up to WCD9385, Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier up to WSA8815, Qualcomm Aqstic audio technology
- GPU Name: Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU
- API Support: OpenCL 2.0 FP, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1, DX12
- Qualcomm Quick Charge Technology Support: Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge AI
- Secure Processing Unit: Biometric Authentication (Fingerprint, Iris, Voice, Face)
- Security Features: Camera Security, Crypto Engine, Key Provisioning Security, Malware Protection, Qualcomm Content Protection, Qualcomm Mobile Security, Qualcomm Processor Security, Qualcomm Trusted Execution Environment, Secure Boot, Secure Token
- Memory speed: 2133MHz
- Memory Type: 2x16bit