The Mercury Elite Pro Dual supports independent drive access for two installed drives, providing hardware RAID, and can be used in RAID 0, 1, Span, and Independent (JBOD) Modes. It comes factory set for Plug and Play use in RAID 0 mode, for "striping" data across both drives for the highest speed backup. Users can select any of three other modes via a selector switch. Modes include: RAID 1 for writing the same information in real-time for "live activity" data redundancy; Span, which combines both drives into a single volume; and Independent Mode for the most capacity.
With USB 3.0 and two Thunderbolt ports and cables included, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual doesn't require complicated set-up and is ready for Plug and Play use with legacy Macs, the latest 2013 Mac models, and PCs. I
Six Prosumer Models Available:
- 2.0TB 7200RPM (1.0TB + 1.0TB) - $ 429.99
- 4.0TB 7200RPM (2.0TB + 2.0TB) - $ 494.99
- 4.0TB HDD/SSD Hybrid (2.0TB + 2.0TB) - $ 579.99
- 6.0TB 7200RPM (3.0TB + 3.0TB) - $ 574.99
- 8.0TB 7200RPM (4.0TB + 4.0TB) - $ 759.99
- 10.0TB 7200RPM (5.0TB + 5.0TB) - $ 949.99
- Add Your Own Drives enclosure kit - $ 299.99
All Mercury Elite Pro Dual solutions come with interface connecting cables, a $200 retail value disk utility software bundle, and a three-year limited warranty.
The OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual Thunderbolt devices are available today from OWC and select retailers.
Chipset: Intel DSL3510 "Cactus Ridge" + ASMedia ASM1092R
- USB 3.0 (2.0 Backwards compatible)
- RAID 0 Performance Striping (default setting) for maximum performance(requires two identical hard drives).
- RAID 1 One drive mirrors the other for an instant backup(requires two identical hard drives).
- Span Combines both drives into a single, large volume.
- Independent Use both drives separately.
Standard Mechanism: 2 x 5.0TB Toshiba MD04ACA500 Hard Disk Drives
Drive Rotation Speed: 7200 RPM
Drive Cache Size: 256 Megabyte (2 Drives with 128 Megabyte (131,072k) cache each)
- Thunderbolt 2 ports
- USB 3.0/2.0 1 USB 3.0 Standard B port
- Thunderbolt Up to 1250MB/sec
- USB 3.0 Up to 500MB/sec
- USB 2.0 Up to 60MB/sec
- USB 3.0: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements.
- USB 2.0: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements.
- Thunderbolt: Supported on Macs meeting minimum requirements.
Format: Included Drive Guide Software will format drive for either OS X, or Windows
Macintosh System Requirements
- USB 3.0: Macintosh with USB 3.0 interface, either built in or via USB 3.0 expander card and OS 10.6.8 or later.
- USB 2.0: Macintosh with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via USB 2.0 expander card and OS 10.2.8 or later.
- Available Thunderbolt port and OS 10.6.8 or later.
- Time Machine Compatible: Mac OS X 10.5 (version introduced) and later.
- Thunderbolt: Available Thunderbolt port and Windows 7 SP 1 or later.
- USB 3.0: Windows XP and later with USB 3.0 interface, either built in or via USB 3.0 expander card.
- USB 2.0: Windows 2000 and later with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via USB 2.0 expander card.
Linux Requirements: Linux compatible via supported USB 3.0/USB 2.0 interfaces.
Pre-installed Backup and Utility software
- Intech Hard Disk SpeedTools Utilities OEM (For Mac OS 8.6 X only)
- ProSoft Engineering Data Backup for Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- NovaStor NovaBACKUP for Windows 2000 or later
- Over 1.5GB of Freeware/Shareware/Public domain software pre-installed
Power Supply: UL Listed U.S./International Auto Switching 100 ~ 240v, 50/60Hz input, 12 Volt 6 Amp output
External Case Dimensions: 2.8 in (W) x 9 in (D) x 5.25 in (H) (71.2mm x 228.6mm x 133.4mm)
Drive Weight (no accessories): Approximately 5.5 pounds (2.5kg)
- (operating) 5°C 42°C (41°F 107°F)
- (non-operating) -40°C 65°C (-40°F 149°F)
- (operating) 8% 90% RH (Non-condensing)
- (non-operating) 5% 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- Shock: 65G 2mS; (non-operating) 175G 2mSVibration
- (operating) 1.0G (5 300Hz)
- (non-operating) 5.0G (5 500Hz)