The basic specifications of the drive include 8x writing for DVD+R, 4x for DVD+RW and DVD-R, and 2x for DVD-RW. The maximum reading speed for DVD-ROM is set to 12x. In addition, the DD0401 offers 40x/ 24x/40x capabilities as a CD-RW drive. BURN-Proof technology is also available to prevent Buffer Under Run errors.
The DD0401 features the HD-BURN technology, allowing recording twice the capacity of CD-R media. Considering the increased capacities achieved, DD0401 writes HD-BURN at 24x and reads at 78x.
- BURN-Proof: prevents Buffer Under Run
- HD–BURN: record twice the capacity of CD-R media
- 2 MB internal buffer
- Motorized easy touch tray loading
- Firmware upgradeable
- Installation: horizontal and vertical
- Write DVD: 8X Max. DVD+R. 4X Max. –R, 4X Max. DVD+RW Rewrite, 2X Max. DVD-RW Rewrite
- Read DVD: 12X Max. DVD-ROM
- Read CD: 40X Max. CD-ROM
- Write CD: 40X Max. CD-R Write, 24X Max. CD-RW Rewrite
- Data transfer speed (ATA I/F): Max. 33MB/sec. (Ultra DMA mode 2)
- Random Seek: DVD: 130ms and CD: 100ms
- Writing Type:
DVD+R: Incremental Write (Multi Session Support)
DVD-R: Disc at Once, Incremental Recording (Multi-Border Support)
DVD+RW: Random Write
DVD-RW: Rigid Restricted Overwriting, Incremental Write
CD-R/RW: Disc at Once, Session at Once, Track at Once, Packet Writing (MultiSession Support)
- Dimensions (Including the front panel): 148*192.4*42.3mm (W*D*H)
- Weight: - MTBF: 30,000 POH (duty 20%)
Availability of the drive is expected in a couple of months, at a very aggressive price.