PowerDirector 10 also includes a set of powerful 3D video editing tools that enable users to import, edit and produce 3D material. Users can transform their 2D videos into 3D productions in a few simple steps.
Additionally, CyberLink's video rendering engine has been enhanced to provide faster and even more efficient video production, regardless of format and resolution. Cyberlink's TrueVelocity 2 solution improves the quality of the editing process by harnessing system GPU power, via OpenCL, to deliver a 6-fold speed increase in the rendering of effects. PowerDirector 10 also includes a new H.264 media encoder designed to process HD video.
Other new features include:
- OpenCL Hardware Acceleration Support - PowerDirector harnesses the power of the system's GPU and applies it to 48 video effects to greatly improve the speed of the editing process.
- Intelligent & Fast Video Rendering - CyberLink's patented SVRT technology automatically analyzes the types of media and formats used in a project to select an output profile for optimal rendering speed.
- Pro-Quality Editing - Users can professionally edit video and audio tracks using a wide variety of tools, transitions and effects all on PowerDirector's 100 track timeline.
- Perfectly Timed Editing- Beat Marker provides an extra level of precision by analyzing a soundtrack and placing markers at major beat points so users know exactly where to position transitions and effects.
- Keyframe Control lets users edit all of their effects in a single setting, to achieve perfect synchronization.
- Professional Effect Plug-ins - PowerDirector 10 now supports professional third-party plug-ins from NewBlue FX, adding a wider variety of effects and transitions to the toolkit.
- Paint Tools- Users can now take advantage of new paint tools that allow them to record free-hand drawings and integrate them into a video project.
- Time Lapse Video Tool - For users looking to speed up or stretch out video and slideshow images to tell a compelling story, they can now easily do it in the timeline using PowerDirector?s new intuitive tool.
- Multi-Mode Program Launcher - A new start-up screen designed to aid in the creation of videos and slide shows, making it easier to get a project started.
- Movies in Minutes - For users new to PowerDirector or video editing, or just those who need great looking videos in a hurry, a set of Magic tools turn video and photo content into polished movies with only a few clicks.
- Audio Normalizer- Users can now normalize all audio files on a timeline track, for a smooth, professional sounding production.
- Support for Native 3D Videos and Photos - From all popular formats.
- Conversion of 2D Content into 3D - Leveraging PowerDirector?s TrueTheater 3D feature.
- Expansive Editing Support - 3D titles, 3D particles, 3D effects and 3D menus.
- Broad 3D Format Output & Disc Burning - Burn to industry standard 3D Blu-ray, 3D AVCHD or 3D DVD discs and watch it on 3DTV, or output to side-by-side video or MVC files and then transfer to 3D smart phones and other devices.
CyberLink boasts the DirectorZone community of video editing enthusiasts, which currently has more than two million members. Users have free access to more than 200,000 effects, titles, menus and tutorials, which can easily be imported into their PowerDirector projects. Customers share tips and tricks, best practices and original effects and templates.
PowerDirector 10 is available today and can be downloaded from the CyberLink online store or purchased at a variety of retail outlets including Office Depot, Tiger Direct and Fry's. PowerDirector is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, and Dutch. CyberLink offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers. A free trial download is also available from the CyberLink website.
CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Versions
PowerDirector 10 Ultra: US $99.95
PowerDirector 10 Deluxe: US $69.95
Upgrades for previous PowerDirector versions are available starting at US $49.95