The Alcatel 1X and 1C phones for 2019 are coming for those who need a basic phone for around one-tenth of the price of the flagship smartphones.
The Alcatel 1X i has thin bezels in the 18:9 ratio, and a no-slip backing. The 1C is thicker and heavier, with wide bezels around a dull, low-resolution screen.
Both the Alcatel 1X and 1C will launch in Q1. The 1X, which is the relatively more advanced of the two devices, will cost $120 or 120 euros and will sell in select markets in North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Meanwhile, the bare-bones 1C -- which has a 70 euro price tag -- will sell in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Europe.
Alcatel 1X specs
- 5.5-inch screen with 1,440x720-pixel (HD) resolution
- Dual 13-megapixel and 2-megapixel rear cameras with portrait mode
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 1.5GHz MediaTek quad-core processor
- 16GB onboard storage, 2GB of RAM; up to 128GB microSD storage
- 3,000-mAh battery
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Pebble blue, pebble black colors
Alcatel 1C specs
- 5-inch screen with 960x480-pixel resolution
- 5-megapixel rear camera
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Spredtrum processor, up to 1.3GHz
- 8GB onboard storage, 1GB of RAM; up to 32GB microSD storage
- 2,000-mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo Go Edition
- Colors: Volcano black, enamel blue, blush pink (Latin America)