- MeeGo Reference Kernels supporting a variety of Intel Atom and ARMv7 platforms.
- QML Application Framework and extended Qt-Mobility APIs, including additional location, system, connectivity, and sensor/haptic capabilities for rapid, rich, application development.
- Enhanced Telephony and Connectivity capabilities, including:
GSM, GPRS, and HSPA+ network support
SIM Application Toolkit
Expanded Bluetooth profiles
Expanded VPN and wireless authentication methods
USB, WiFi, and BT-PAN data tethering capability
Enhance multimedia support, including RTSP streaming with progressive download
This release also includes the following:
- Netbook UX 1.2 complete set of core applications for netbooks.
- In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) UX 1.2 includes a sample IVI Homescreen and speech recognition enabled Application Launcher built with QML, as well as a collection of commonly used applications.
- Tablet Developer Preview
- MeeGo SDK 1.2 for MeeGo Core OS and supported UXs.
Imad Sousou, MeeGo Technical Steering Group, added that the MeeGo development continues forward on a six-month cadence, with MeeGo 1.3 scheduled to be released in October, 2011.